Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100MB Partition inside VHD?
Hi there, can you say what the unformatted 100MB partition at the 'end' of the VHD disk image is for? Is it something you're doing or is something in the procedure you're using to duplicate the Windows To Go installation to USB is doing it itself?

At a guess I assumed it was the MSR partition that often appears at the beginning of a drive at 128MB, but it doesn't have the MSR flag on it.

Does anyone know if anything in the WintoUSB image will break if the partition is either deleted or otherwise just has it's drive letter removed? I don't currently plan on trying to do anything with BitLocker within the boot image environment......
(02-25-2015, 06:09 AM)steje Wrote: Hi there, can you say what the unformatted 100MB partition at the 'end' of the VHD disk image is for? Is it something you're doing or is something in the procedure you're using to duplicate the Windows To Go installation to USB is doing it itself?

At a guess I assumed it was the MSR partition that often appears at the beginning of a drive at 128MB, but it doesn't have the MSR flag on it.

Does anyone know if anything in the WintoUSB image will break if the partition is either deleted or otherwise just has it's drive letter removed? I don't currently plan on trying to do anything with BitLocker within the boot image environment......

Oh, sorry, this partition is unnecessary, I forgot to delete it.
Thanks for the reply! From your comment then, I assume you'll delete it in a future beta or something? I think I'll delete it and expand the ntfs partition.
(03-05-2015, 04:29 AM)steje Wrote: Thanks for the reply! From your comment then, I assume you'll delete it in a future beta or something? I think I'll delete it and expand the ntfs partition.

Yes, I will delete it in next release.
I have fixed the problem in version 2.1 Beta released on Mar 10 2015.