Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinToUSB, Norton Ghost and BIOS priority problem
Hi there. I have a big problem. All in WinToUSB good works, but the problem starts using Norton Ghost.

I have two operating systems:
- One internal, installed on the internal hard disk (Windows 7 Home Premium x64).
- Second external installed on an external drive Samsung M3 Portable (same Windows 7 Home Premium x64).

I have laptop Asus K53SV.

Everything works fine until use Norton Ghost and restore the partition inside the laptop. The problem arises in the BIOS. After uploading the image on the internal drive, bios do not boots external drive, only internal. (Although the boot is set to an external drive).

I tested it twice - always the same thing happens. Now, I can not run an external system. Do I need to upload system to an external drive again after using Norton Ghost (to recover the internal disk)?

I never tried to recover an external drive Norton Ghost, but after this experience I'd be afraid that it does not run the internal drive, and it would be a real tragedy.

Please help.
(10-05-2014, 05:36 PM)Tomek Wrote: Hi there. I have a big problem. All in WinToUSB good works, but the problem starts using Norton Ghost.

I have two operating systems:
- One internal, installed on the internal hard disk (Windows 7 Home Premium x64).
- Second external installed on an external drive Samsung M3 Portable (same Windows 7 Home Premium x64).

I have laptop Asus K53SV.

Everything works fine until use Norton Ghost and restore the partition inside the laptop. The problem arises in the BIOS. After uploading the image on the internal drive, bios do not boots external drive, only internal. (Although the boot is set to an external drive).

I tested it twice - always the same thing happens. Now, I can not run an external system. Do I need to upload system to an external drive again after using Norton Ghost (to recover the internal disk)?

I never tried to recover an external drive Norton Ghost, but after this experience I'd be afraid that it does not run the internal drive, and it would be a real tragedy.

Please help.

Have you tried it on another computer?
Unfortunately, no. Are you suggesting to check it out? Someday I would find the time.