Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature REQUESTS
(01-25-2023, 03:59 AM)The Swede Wrote: To maximize your efforts of getting speedier restores, besides using more cores, i suggest doing it more automatic. For instance, after starting a restore the program wants user input about booting into recovery mode/boot menu, that is redundant in a majority of restore situations for all users, you would not have started the restore otherwise. An option to tick a box with the text "Do not ask again" would be appropriate, or an item in settings where to inactivate the input, instead just start the restore. Or maybe a 5sec countdown with the option to abort before it automaticly commence the restore. Secondly, when the restore is done, user input should not be needed instead it should just restart automaticly as, again, is the intent of users in a majority of restores. That input could be solved by the above mentioned countdown solution or by visible boxes to tick during the restore in the restore frame. Like the box that is visible there now that says - Shut down. And of course, then, a box to tick that says - Do not ask again.

Or maybe all these options could be in the - Settings. Anyway, now you have some idèas to think about, develop.

The result of the suggestions would be automated restores that would be very conveniant for the user and even more speedier. Restores that the user can start and then go away, without the need to monitor it, be there, while the restore is accomplished but at the same time has options for thoose who wants it, or when needed. As mentioned, monitor a restore with input is not requested in most restore situations, you just want to get it done.

I can guarantee you that you will get a VERY popular software if this simplification of usage would be implemented and, you will have the upper hand among many of your competitors.

Thank you for your suggestion and we will improve it in future releases.
(12-02-2022, 01:28 PM)admin Wrote: Disk mode restore means that all partitions that have been backed up are treated as a virtual disk, and then the virtual disk is restored to the destination disk, so that all partitions on the destination disk will be destroyed after the restore. We are also considering providing a restore mode that allows users to restore the operating system or disk to the specified area on the destination disk without destroying partitions that already exist on the destination disk.

In the current version, if you choose to perform the restore operation in system mode or partition mode, the "Restore to original location" option allows you to restore the Windows operating system or partition to its original location on the original disk and ensure that other partitions on the disk will not be destroyed, as shown in the screenshot below:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=360]

I do not have the restore to original location or universal restore option, so my last partition gets wiped!

Partition mode is a PITA as you can only restore one partition at a time.
(02-15-2023, 10:15 AM)Jedsted Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 01:28 PM)admin Wrote: Disk mode restore means that all partitions that have been backed up are treated as a virtual disk, and then the virtual disk is restored to the destination disk, so that all partitions on the destination disk will be destroyed after the restore. We are also considering providing a restore mode that allows users to restore the operating system or disk to the specified area on the destination disk without destroying partitions that already exist on the destination disk.

In the current version, if you choose to perform the restore operation in system mode or partition mode, the "Restore to original location" option allows you to restore the Windows operating system or partition to its original location on the original disk and ensure that other partitions on the disk will not be destroyed, as shown in the screenshot below:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=360]

I do not have the restore to original location or universal restore option, so my last partition gets wiped!

Partition mode is a PITA as you can only restore one partition at a time.

Restore to original location and universal restore are only valid for system backup images, are you sure it is a system backup image?
Is it possible to add more detail to the email results?  Like Start and End Times, Computer/Server Name.
(04-01-2023, 05:34 AM)rmm1 Wrote: Is it possible to add more detail to the email results?  Like Start and End Times, Computer/Server Name.

The subject of the notification email contains the name of the computer, and the start and end time are recorded in the email content, as shown in the following example:

Subject:
[Successful] Hasleo Backup Suite notification message from JASON-PC (Disk Partition Backup 20221221145933)

Content:
Disk/Partition Backup
Task name: Disk Partition Backup 20221221145933
Backup task to: E:\DiskBackup\Disk Partition Backup 20221221145933
Backup mode: Incremental
Compress level: Low
Encryption mode: None
Start time: 12/21/2022 04:34:38
End Time: 12/21/2022 04:34:39
The task completed successfully.
(12-07-2022, 11:27 AM)admin Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 12:41 AM)Froggie Wrote: Feature REQUEST - it may already be possible but be undocumented... or I just didn't find it Confused (very possible).  Has any thought been given to developing a CLI (Command Line Interface) for this extremely useful imaging/backup application (I always like GUI shortcuts Wink )?

Yes, we will provide this feature in future releases.

The version below provides a simple command line interface (BackupCmdUI.exe) that you can use to perform backup tasks, please run "BackupCmdUI.exe /?" for help.
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...230524.exe
The above referenced installer for the CLI-enabled version always errors during installation with the following error (tried 2-versions of the download)... any help, greatly appreciated.

The Setup files are corrupted, please obtain a new copy of the program.
(05-25-2023, 12:47 AM)Froggie Wrote: The above referenced installer for the CLI-enabled version always errors during installation with the following error (tried 2-versions of the download)... any help, greatly appreciated.

The Setup files are corrupted, please obtain a new copy of the program.

I'm very sorry, please try again.
Thanks... works fine!
(05-25-2023, 04:50 AM)Froggie Wrote: Thanks... works fine!

Dear Froggie, regarding the CLI version, what features are necessary? We think it is enough to be able to perform backup tasks, and more advanced backup scheduling seems more important.