Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disk/Partition Backup: Inconsistency in Restored Disk Geometry
My main System disk has 5-partitions on it (EFI, MSR, C: <OS>, V: <Data> & Microsoft Recovery).  I'm currently using Hasleo's Disk/Partition mode to image this device in a backup capacity to my main imaging software.  As a backup, I expect it to restore the exact same disk geometry as was imaged... this to insure that my Primary disk backup functions properly following a Hasleo restoration.  This is not happening in the Disk Mode restore, whether I use the "Keep Partition Layout" option or not.

Windows re-lettered my V: (data) partition to letter F: following the restore, and my primary imaging software can no longer find the geometry needed (Partition 1 <EFI>not found where it should be) to perform a proper backup.  Even if I change the mis-lettered partition back to V:, the primary imaging application still cannot find the configuration it needs.

I don't use "System Backup" mode because I want that extra Data partition in my image.  Is there something I'm missing here...???

This issue was also in the 13Jan2023 build as well... any help, greatly appreciated!
I also noticed while running in the Emergency Disk environment, when I went to save the LOG file, the "explorer" offered to me showed all my disk partitions properly lettered and labeled EXCEPT the V: partition on the disk being imaged... it showed up as the 1st unused LETTER available to Windows (E: ).

Maybe some sort of clue...
Hasleo also returns, during the restore, partitions with completely different Partition IDs and Partition Serial #s... I'm sure this will screw up the known imaging information of the primary imaging software as well as Windows' knowledge of previously existing partitions.

Something like this was found in December during testing of System Backups... whatever you did at the time fixed that problem.
(02-24-2023, 08:12 AM)Froggie Wrote: Hasleo also returns, during the restore, partitions with completely different Partition IDs and Partition Serial #s... I'm sure this will screw up the known imaging information of the primary imaging software.

Something like this was found in December during testing of System Backups... whatever you did at the time fixed that problem.

Froggie's analysis is correct, different partition properties should be the cause of the problem. In the case of restoring to the original disk or that the original disk no longer exists on the computer, the program should ensure that the properties of partitions do not change after restoring.
(02-24-2023, 10:35 AM)admin Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 08:12 AM)Froggie Wrote: Hasleo also returns, during the restore, partitions with completely different Partition IDs and Partition Serial #s... I'm sure this will screw up the known imaging information of the primary imaging software.

Froggie's analysis is correct, different partition properties should be the cause of the problem. In the case of restoring to the original disk or that the original disk no longer exists on the computer, the program should ensure that the properties of partitions do not change after restoring.

...a fix coming, I hope Huh ?
<bump> Inquiry... will this issue be fixed anytime soon?  Thanx!
(03-11-2023, 01:29 AM)Froggie Wrote: <bump> Inquiry... will this issue be fixed anytime soon?  Thanx!

Sorry, recently we were working on an issue that caused the service to crash, so the feature will be delayed, please be patient. Thanks.
Please download and try the fixed version below:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...230313.exe
Yes, indeedy... this version returns all the necessary partition information to insure previous image configurations are met properly... thanx much for the effort Angel Big Grin !!
I'm glad to hear that.