Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding Hasleo backup files
I'm trying to test Restore to use Hasleo to replace my other backup/restore suite.

So, I created a backup and stored it on my D: drive in the "Hasleo Backups" folder.

I created a WinPE Boot menu entry, booted using it, and opened the window to browse for the backup folder.

But all it will show me is "D:\"  It will not let me browse the folders in D:

In tried entering Hasleo Backups in the File name box, but that does not work.

So, how am I supposed to get into the folder to choose an image for restoring?

NOTE: Same thing happens when I try to install the BT driver using the same Browse function -- it will not let me see the folders to choose the one where I have the exported drivers.

I remembered that when you first use Hasleo, it asks for a folder for storing the images.  I'm guessing it saves that, so that when you select Restore, it goes to that folder.  But when you boot from the WinPE Boot menu, it does not know about that folder -- or at least, I don't see a way to tell it about that folder.  So, it does not know where to look for the images.
Is the drive D: a BitLocker encrypted drive?
(03-13-2023, 10:58 AM)admin Wrote: Is the drive D: a BitLocker encrypted drive?

Good point -- I think this is because it is an HP laptop and the volume has a "lock" symbol next to it in File Manager.

UPDATE: I tried the restore test on a desktop PC, and it sees the Hasleo backup folders just fine.

So, it could be tied to the Bitlocker encryption.
(03-13-2023, 01:33 PM)WW5410 Wrote:

Good point -- I think this is because it is an HP laptop and the volume has a "lock" symbol next to it in File Manager.

UPDATE: I tried the restore test on a desktop PC, and it sees the Hasleo backup folders just fine.

Maybe we should provide a feature to unlock BitLocker encrypted drives in WinPE.
(03-13-2023, 03:27 PM)admin Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 01:33 PM)WW5410 Wrote:

Maybe we should provide a feature to unlock BitLocker encrypted drives in WinPE.

The other backup/restore WinPE Boot can read the drive OK, so they must have that feature enabled.

I will have to think more about what to do -- as I could decrypt this drive since it does not have the OS on it.

Thanks for the replies.