Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WintoUSB is formatting long
I am using an Axe Memory 500 GB flash drive and creating Win 11 Pro on it. Formatting lasts 45 minutes by now and WintoUSB still doing the same thing. What's wrong? Never have encountered that long-lasting formatting.
I chose a partition scheme MBR for BIOS and UEFI. The partition style of my C drive is GPT. Maybe this was my wrong decision?

EDIT: I can't believe it!!! It's been much over an hour now

Edit2: That's it! I can't stand this any longer  Angry Two hours have passed.

EDIT3: Sorry guys for leading you to confusion. That is something wrong with my computer. I hit the task manager and I saw 0% usage of CPU by WintoUSB. Apart from this, there's some different behavior of my PC I noticed.
(06-11-2023, 05:21 AM)doer Wrote: I am using an Axe Memory 500 GB flash drive and creating Win 11 Pro on it. Formatting lasts 45 minutes by now and WintoUSB still doing the same thing. What's wrong? Never have encountered that long-lasting formatting.
I chose a partition scheme MBR for BIOS and UEFI. The partition style of my C drive is GPT. Maybe this was my wrong decision?

EDIT3: Sorry guys for leading you to confusion. That is something wrong with my computer. I hit the task manager and I saw 0% usage of CPU by WintoUSB. Apart from this, there's some different behavior of my PC I noticed.

Are you sure this problem is caused by a problem with your computer? Thanks.
(06-11-2023, 11:04 AM)admin Wrote:
(06-11-2023, 05:21 AM)doer Wrote: I am using an Axe Memory 500 GB flash drive and creating Win 11 Pro on it. Formatting lasts 45 minutes by now and WintoUSB still doing the same thing. What's wrong? Never have encountered that long-lasting formatting.

Are you sure this problem is caused by a problem with your computer? Thanks.

I'm positive. What happened was I did not reformat a USB stick containing then an Android -x86. I thought then why bother myself? WintoUSB was going to format it on beginning its operation anyway. And that's why the formatting process was endless then. This wasn't the only error on my computer. Some programs didn't open up, Disk Management was saying - can't connect to Virtual Disk or something like that and didn't show any drive then. When I pulled off that USB stick everything went back to normal. The next thing I did was reformatting mentioned USB stick and that way I got done what I wanted to accomplish. The second time had no problem creating Win 11 Pro WTG thru WintoUSB. Everything took 3 minutes, including formatting  Big Grin  The new Windows setup on the USB stick took more time than that  Smile

I can say now at least I have learned something.
I'm glad to hear that.
(06-12-2023, 12:57 PM)admin Wrote: I'm glad to hear that.

No, that wasn't the cause of the flash drive containing android -x86. One USB 3.x port in my computer acts up when I stick this flash drive. Just this specific port! While other USB ports work well with this flash drive (whether it is 3.x or 2.0). That's what I found out later. Weird! 
Just wanted to clarify the issue.
You can try using a different flash drive, update the WinToUSB software, and ensure you have enough free space on the drive for the Win 11 Pro installation.