Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Create VHD from Windows 7 Installed
My System is 12th Gen M/B i9 CPU 64gb RAM Two M.2 1T SSD's.
I have Windows 10 On One M.2 and Windows 7 on the Second M.2.
Both O/S 's Work just fine.
I have WinToUsb 8 Installed on Both Systems.
Problem is Creating a VHD From the Currently Installed Windows 7.
In Windows 10 I can Create a VHD From The Currently Installed O/S ( Windows 10 ) .
But in Windows 7, WinToUsb Will Not let me Create a VHD From The Currently Installed O/S ( Windows 7 ).
In the end all I want is a Working VHD Of The Current Installed Windows 7 that I can put on an External Portable SSD.
I use Ventoy on my Sandisk Extreme 500gb SSD.
On the Portable SSD I have a Working VHD of Windows 10 that was made with WinToUsb From The Currently Installed O/S on my M.2.
Any Help would be Appreciated
(07-09-2023, 07:11 PM)sparks79 Wrote: My System is 12th Gen M/B i9 CPU 64gb RAM Two M.2 1T SSD's.
In Windows 10 I can Create a VHD From The Currently Installed O/S ( Windows 10 ) .
But in Windows 7, WinToUsb Will Not let me Create a VHD From The Currently Installed O/S ( Windows 7 ).
In the end all I want is a Working VHD Of The Current Installed Windows 7 that I can put on an External Portable SSD.
On the Portable SSD I have a Working VHD of Windows 10 that was made with  WinToUsb From The Currently Installed O/S on my M.2.

Windows 7 Home/Pro doesn't support VHD native boot, only Windows 7 Ultimate/Enterprise Edition support VHD native boot, so if your Windows 7 is Home/Pro Edition then you will not be able to create a VHD based Windows 7 To Go.
(07-10-2023, 12:34 AM)admin Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 07:11 PM)sparks79 Wrote: My System is 12th Gen M/B i9 CPU 64gb RAM Two M.2 1T SSD's.
On the Portable SSD I have a Working VHD of Windows 10 that was made with  WinToUsb From The Currently Installed O/S on my M.2.

Windows 7 Home/Pro doesn't support VHD native boot, only Windows 7 Ultimate/Enterprise Edition support VHD native boot, so if your Windows 7 is Home/Pro Edition then you will not be able to create a VHD based Windows 7 To Go.

Thanks very much for thatinfo.
That explains why I was having trouble.
CHEERS