Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uninstall
I tried to install a new version, it stated I needed to uninstall first, but when I tried that I get the error msg "unins000.dat" does not exist, so I am in a catch 22 cannot install nor uninstall. What can I do to fix this?
(08-16-2015, 03:34 AM)smithre Wrote: I tried to install a new version, it stated I needed to uninstall first, but when I tried that I get the error msg "unins000.dat" does not exist, so I am in a catch 22 cannot install nor uninstall. What can I do to fix this?

Please delete the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WinToUSB_is1 and then try install.
(08-16-2015, 04:01 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-16-2015, 03:34 AM)smithre Wrote: I tried to install a new version, it stated I needed to uninstall first, but when I tried that I get the error msg "unins000.dat" does not exist, so I am in a catch 22 cannot install nor uninstall. What can I do to fix this?

Please delete the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WinToUSB_is1 and then try install.

This worked, thank you very much! Shy
That's great. That is my pleasure.