Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to enable features ...
I use this fine tool for my baytrail (win8.1bing "only") notebook to enable Win7(SP1x64Pro) on it.

Now i like to enable access to internal harddrives/controller.
Is this possible by registry settings?

Or is it possible to convert a running win2usb-stick back to a local hdd-installation?

Thanks in advance.
(08-21-2015, 05:26 AM)Ratte Wrote: I use this fine tool for my baytrail (win8.1bing "only") notebook to enable Win7(SP1x64Pro) on it.

Now i like to enable access to internal harddrives/controller.
Is this possible by registry settings?

Or is it possible to convert a running win2usb-stick back to a local hdd-installation?

Thanks in advance.

Is it a Windows 7 To Go drive or Windows 8 To Go drive?
It´s a Windows7SP1 x64 Professional USB-stick.

Is it possible to use a backup from usb-windows (win7sp1x64) for the internal hdd?
What are the differences between a normal installation and the win2usb-installation?
(BCD-settings and drive identifiers are not the problem)
(08-23-2015, 12:35 AM)Ratte Wrote: It´s a Windows7SP1 x64 Professional USB-stick.

Is it possible to use a backup from usb-windows (win7sp1x64) for the internal hdd?
What are the differences between a normal installation and the win2usb-installation?
(BCD-settings and drive identifiers are not the problem)

The most important difference is the registry keys.

Please follow the steps below to convert the WinToUSB drive to a local installation drive.
1. Boot into the WinToUSB drive.
2. Run regedit.exe as administrator.
3. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\PnP" and set the value "PollBootPartitionTimeout" to 0.
4. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Control" and set the value "BootDriverFlags" to 0.
5. Turn off the computer.
6. Connect the hard disk drive to a internal hard disk controller, then you can boot from it.
This means the possibility to create a recovery disk in Windows 8.1?

I installed it to create a system recovery disk and cloned for my drive on the computer, but still he said it was not possible to create, as contained Windows To go
(08-24-2015, 07:50 AM)vagner Wrote: This means the possibility to create a recovery disk in Windows 8.1?

I installed it to create a system recovery disk and cloned for my drive on the computer, but still he said it was not possible to create, as contained Windows To go

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.
I also want to convert my Windows 8.1 installation to my local machine.
Thank you for your advice and we will improve it in future releases. Please stay tuned for the new version.