Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activation Issue
Hi,

First off - ty for such a nice piece of software.

Second- I installed Win10 successfully on my USB drive. It works well so far using the created VHD file. It stays activated without a problem on the computer i created WinToUSB. However ...

my idea or understanding was that this way i can use Win10 on any (or many) other computers (just like Linux does). So far this seems to be the case, HOWEVER it will not stay activated Sad ...

What would be the solution (the original computer used for WinToUSB creation has a digital license upgrade right)?
(09-30-2016, 11:48 PM)TomDelaney Wrote: Hi,

First off - ty for such a nice piece of software.

Second- I installed Win10 successfully on my USB drive. It works well so far using the created VHD file. It stays activated without a problem on the computer i created WinToUSB. However ...

my idea or understanding was that this way i can use Win10 on any (or many) other computers (just like Linux does). So far this seems to be the case, HOWEVER it will not stay activated Sad  ...

What would be the solution (the original computer used for WinToUSB creation has a digital license upgrade right)?

About the activation problem, Windows To Go requires volume activation to activate Windows. For more infomation please visit: 
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...aq_roamact

If the product key (neither KMS nor Active Directory based volume activation) you used to activate Windows is bind to the computer’s hardware, then Windows will become 
inactive when the hardware changes, but this will not cause Windows stop running. For more infomation please visit: 
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...x#Anchor_3
http://superuser.com/questions/1024274/h...activation
Thanx - I wondered if there is a Windows 10 version (like Retail). which would stay activated on all computers. I guess there s only Volume License or would using other keys on each computer with the USB stick work (ie 10 licenses for 10 computers)?! Intestingly if I go back to the original engine it says activated (hooked to hardware).

Now then what is the purpose of your work developing such application if it s utterly limited in usage?
(10-02-2016, 01:38 AM)TomDelaney Wrote: Thanx - I wondered if there is a Windows 10 version (like Retail). which would stay activated on all computers. I guess there s only Volume License or would using other keys on each computer with the USB stick work (ie 10 licenses for 10 computers)?! Intestingly if I go back to the original engine it says activated (hooked to hardware).

Now then what is the purpose of your work developing such application if it s utterly limited in usage?

Sorry, only Volume License can activat all computers, this is a limitation of Microsoft.
WinToUSB just a tool to help our customers to make a Windows To Go drive easily, we cannot help you to activate Windows, it is not legal. WinToUSB focuses primarily on enterprise users, and free for all non-commercial users, and enterprise users typically have Volume License.
You might think it is useless, but it cost us a lot of time coding and testing, so we love it...