Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluescreen on MacBook Pro 13"
Hi I hava a MacBook Pro 13" Retina, Mid 2014 and I wanted to use WinToUSB with this.
I created both, a clone version of my Windows system and a fresh Win7 Pro system but both resulted in a bluescreen.

The Windows is starting but at one point there appears to be a problem.

I do not know what all the numbers and codes mean but maybe one of you can help me.

Thanks!

[Image: image2.jpg]

[Image: image1.jpg]
We recommend using Windows 10/8 to create Windows To Go, Windows 7 is not recommended. Because Windows 7 To Go is not completely portable, you may have driver problems when booting on different computers. In particular, Windows 7 Pro doesn't support VHD native boot, so you cannot create a VHD(X)-based Windows To Go. From our tests and user feedback, the legacy mode based Windows To Go may not work properly when using a USB flash drives to create portable Windows, and the VHD mode has best compatibility, so we recommend:
1. Use Windows 10/8 to create a VHD(X)-based Windows To Go on a USB flash drive
2. Use a USB hard disk or a Windows To Go Certified Drives to create a Windows 7 Pro To Go.
(01-12-2017, 11:24 PM)admin Wrote: We recommend using Windows 10/8 to create Windows To Go, Windows 7 is not recommended. Because Windows 7 To Go is not completely portable, you may have driver problems when booting on different computers. In particular, Windows 7 Pro doesn't support VHD native boot, so you cannot create a VHD(X)-based Windows To Go. From our tests and user feedback, the legacy mode based Windows To Go may not work properly when using a USB flash drives to create portable Windows, and the VHD mode has best compatibility, so we recommend:
1. Use Windows 10/8 to create a VHD(X)-based Windows To Go on a USB flash drive
2. Use a USB hard disk or a Windows To Go Certified Drives to create a Windows 7 Pro To Go.

Thank you, this helps!