Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add another 'ubuntu' entry?
On my PC I have 3 Linux: Kubuntu, Linux Mint and opensuse, and the Bios NVRAM bootmenu shows Windows Boot Manager, ubuntu and opensuse. Kubuntu and Linux Mint both install to the \EFI\ubuntu\ folder, which means I get the bootmenu of the last one installed of the two. I would like to be able to choose either of them, just like I now can choose the opensuse bootmenu.

I copied the \EFI\ubuntu folder and renamed the copy to \EFI\mint, and edited its grub.cfg to show the Mint partition's UUID and gpt-number. Then in EasyUEFI I created a "mint" entry and gave it the path to \EFI\mint\grubx64.efi. When rebooting "mint" does show up in the NVRAM bootmenu, but choosing "mint" starts the Kubuntu bootmenu. Please advise!
(02-06-2017, 09:31 PM)hallergard Wrote: On my PC I have 3 Linux: Kubuntu, Linux Mint and opensuse, and the Bios NVRAM bootmenu shows Windows Boot Manager, ubuntu and opensuse.  Kubuntu and Linux Mint both install to the \EFI\ubuntu\ folder, which means I get the bootmenu of the last one installed of the two.  I would like to be able to choose either of them, just like I now can choose the opensuse bootmenu.

I copied the \EFI\ubuntu folder and renamed the copy to \EFI\mint, and edited its grub.cfg to show the Mint partition's UUID and gpt-number.  Then in EasyUEFI I created a "mint" entry and gave it the path to \EFI\mint\grubx64.efi.   When rebooting "mint" does show up in the NVRAM bootmenu, but choosing "mint" starts the Kubuntu bootmenu.  Please advise!

I'm not familiar with grub, maybe grubx64.efi does not find the correct grub.cfg file. 
Thank you! Got the solution to my question in another forum