Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VirtualBox fails with "Inaccessible Boot Device" BSOD
Hi,

I was unsuccessful trying to run my WinToUSB stick's image in Virtualbox so far (obviously I don't know how to correctly set it up, for example where to put the boot partition etc.).

So I though let's try the Windows To Go Upgrader because it does exactly what I need, creates a VirtualBox Image from the WinToUSB Stick. So I downloaded it and started the "check for upgrade" with a "Windows 10 Pro (x64)" GPT/UEFI WinToUSB enabled USB Stick. The process starts and creates the VM and tries to start it. At first I see the virtualbox logo and the turning dots at the bottom which everyone knows, but after about 5-10 seconds I get a BSOD saying "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". So, question is, whe isn't it able to boot? I'm using Virtualbox 5.1.20.

I would be even be willing to pay if I can boot the WinToUSB image so I can modify it. And it also seems that other people are having also big problem to boot a WinToUSB volume in Virtualbox if you look into the forum threads about WinToUSB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Marc

Messages In This Thread
VirtualBox fails with "Inaccessible Boot Device" BSOD - by marcelser - 05-13-2017, 12:03 AM