Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corsair GTX Voyager (SSD USB Stick) Installation hangs at 95%
Hi,

As my old USB stick was very slow I bought one of the fast GTX Voager USB stick without knowing that this stick is more like a mini external SSD as a normal USB Stick. It reports itself as disk so I read the guide on how to prepare the disk in order to use WinToUSB.

I first tried MBR mode with a small fat32 partition 100MB and a big ntfs partition but the stick always hangs at 95% of the install process (after copying the vhd file I use as starting point). It seems that it cannot create normal files to boot from. I then fiddled around and in the end (as my system runs from UEFI disks anyway) I used diskpart to wipe the disk, convert it to gep and create ESP/EFI partition and windows partition (interestingly a 128MB msr partition also got created although I did not opt for that). But here I have exactly the same problem installation stops at 95%.

Interesting thing I found out is, that once the installation reaches 95% you can not open any partitioning tool cause it hangs when trying to read the USB SSD Partitions. It's like WinToUSB somehow crashes access to the stick completely.

Best regards,

Marc

Messages In This Thread
Corsair GTX Voyager (SSD USB Stick) Installation hangs at 95% - by marcelser - 05-13-2017, 11:23 PM