Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 2008 R2 Standard
I am trying to convert an existing Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard to boot via USB.  When I try to boot it after running your tool, I get a blue screen.  I am assuming this has to do with the USB 3.0 drivers, but I am not sure.  Any fixes or thoughts?
(06-17-2017, 04:07 AM)tthompson Wrote: I am trying to convert an existing Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard to boot via USB.  When I try to boot it after running your tool, I get a blue screen.  I am assuming this has to do with the USB 3.0 drivers, but I am not sure.  Any fixes or thoughts?

Please check to see if any of the following items apply to your situation:

1. Ensure that your computer can boot from a USB drive.
2. Windows 2008 R2 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows 2008 R2 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
3. Ensure that the Windows To Go drive is connected directly to a USB port on the computer. Many computers don’t support booting from a device connected to a USB 3 PCI add-on card or external USB hubs.
4. Windows 2008 R2 is not completely portable. We only guarantee it can boot on the cloned computer, you may have driver problems when booting on different computers.