Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 from AMD to Intel?
When I make an installation USB stick with WinToHDD for Windows 7 on a AMD based computer that has windows 7 home installed, will I then be able to use this USB-stick to install Windows 7 Home on a similar computer that is Intel based? The first computer has a working installation of windows 7 and also has a recovery partition. On the second computer the hard disk has crashed. It now has an a new, empty HDD. They used to have similar software installed, the main difference being the main boards and the CPU's.

René
(03-21-2018, 06:25 AM)reneduba Wrote: When I make an installation USB stick with WinToHDD for Windows 7 on a AMD based computer that has windows 7 home installed, will I then be able to use this USB-stick to install Windows 7 Home on a similar computer that is Intel based? The first computer has a working installation of windows 7 and also has a recovery partition. On the second computer the hard disk has crashed. It now has an a new, empty HDD. They used to have similar software installed, the main difference being the main boards and the CPU's.

René

Yes, of course, the Windows 7 installation USB stick created by WinToHDD can be used on any computer that is compatible with Windows 7. But you need to prepare partitions which we have pointed out in step 2 of the following guidelines:
https://www.easyuefi.com/wintohdd/faq/en...ation.html