Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 - slow working, SanDisk 128GB 3.0 150mb/s
I set WIndows 10 on my SanDisk UltraFit 128gb Pendrive (3.0 150mb / s) with WinToUSB.

Unfortunately, somehow everything works slowly, it's impossible to work.

Does anyone have an idea why? Install something? Any drivers? Benchmarks?

In the net I read that with a fast not obsolete USB stick in the USB version should work with sufficient speed for normal use. (my pendrive seems to be okey for something like that)

I do not know how to go about it ... any ideas how to start with it?

my laptop is Dell Inspiron 3721
(05-30-2018, 03:39 PM)Anunaki Wrote: I set WIndows 10 on my SanDisk UltraFit 128gb Pendrive (3.0 150mb / s) with WinToUSB.

Unfortunately, somehow everything works slowly, it's impossible to work.

Does anyone have an idea why? Install something? Any drivers? Benchmarks?

In the net I read that with a fast not obsolete USB stick in the USB version should work with sufficient speed for normal use. (my pendrive seems to be okey for something like that)

I do not know how to go about it ... any ideas how to start with it?

my laptop is Dell Inspiron 3721

For an operating system boot drive, 4K random read/write speeds are very important. Usually the 4K read/write speeds of common flash drives are always slow, so these drives are not suitable for creating a windows to go drive. 

You said the SanDisk UltraFit 128gb is "speeds up to 150mb/s", but the speed you said is sequential read speeds not 4K read/write speeds, so it may not be suitable for creating portable Windows. 

To ensure that Windows To Go runs smoothly, we recommend that you use an external hard drive, Windows To Go Certified Drive, SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive or SanDisk Extreme PRO CZ88 USB 3.0 Flash Drive to create portable Windows. 
OK thanks. How to check 4k read/write speed of my pendrive? Are there any minimals of read/write which guarantee good speed of work?

p.s.
If i will do clone, raw copy cluster by cluster of my actual Windows 10 (WinToUSB) to new pendrive like SanDIsk Exterem CZ80 it will work? It will be much easier for me than do install and configuration process from beggining which tooks lot of time and focus.

Smile
You can use CrystalDiskMark to test the 4K random read/write speed and we do not have a recommended minimum write speed value.

Technically, you can raw copy a WinToUSB drive to another pendrive and cloned Windows will work correctly. You can also WinToUSB to clone a portable Windows USB drive to another USB drive, here is the guide:
https://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en...o-USB.html
CrystalDiskMark see just my HDD not pendrive so can`t test.

p.s.
Penderive USB 3.1 will work like 3.1 in port 3.0? Wink
It's very strange that crystaldiskmark can detect my USB flash drive. Please make sure that there is at least one partition on your USB drive and you need to manually select the drive letter from the the drop-down box.

The USB 3.1 standard is backward compatible with USB 3.0, so you can insert USB 3.1 into the USB 3.0 port. But if the drive and the port are not the same USB standard, they’ll both operate at the slower speed.
And what do you think about diffrent solution than pendrive but a card reader UHS-II and momeory card`s UHS-II.

Memory card: 300/260 MBs https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-card...-sd-uhs-ii
+
usb 3.0 card reader: https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-card...der-writer

should work? Wink Enough quick?

p.s.
is that card reader required? Standard laptop card reader will not be so fast? and another think...if card will be in laptop card reader it will be possible to boot from it? or it must be in USB reader becauase laptop BIOS don`t have option to start from memory card?

p.s.2
maybe there are any other solutions than pendrive of memory card? FAST AND TINY? Any creative ideas? Wink
(06-01-2018, 06:22 PM)Anunaki Wrote: And what do you think about diffrent solution than pendrive but a card reader UHS-II and momeory card`s UHS-II.

Memory card: 300/260 MBs https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-card...-sd-uhs-ii
+
usb 3.0 card reader: https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-card...der-writer

should work? Wink Enough quick?

p.s.
is that card reader required? Standard laptop card reader will not be so fast?  and another think...if card will be in laptop card reader it will be possible to boot from it? or it must be in USB reader becauase laptop BIOS don`t have option to start from memory card?

p.s.2
maybe there are any other solutions than pendrive of memory card? FAST AND TINY?  Any creative ideas? Wink

As I said before, the speed you said is sequential read speeds not 4K read/write speeds, so I can't say whether or not the drive suitable for creating portable Windows.  I think you should try it first, if it still doesn't work, please use the devices we recommend to create portable Windows.
OKey thanks. Still not sure what is 4K read/write speed.

BTW...is there a diffrence how many space of pendrive is full? I heared something like if pendrive is full in 60% or more it loose on speed quite much....true?

Another thing: Heared that if I will turn off paging file in Windows 10 system settings it can help in faster work of WinToUSB...true? Visible speed up?
(06-02-2018, 04:18 PM)Anunaki Wrote: OKey thanks. Still not sure what is 4K read/write speed.

BTW...is there a diffrence how many space of pendrive is full? I heared something like if pendrive is full in 60% or more it loose on speed quite much....true?

Another thing: Heared that if I will turn off paging file in Windows 10 system settings it can help in faster work of WinToUSB...true? Visible speed up?

I am very sorry, no user has ever given us any feedback on the issues you mentioned, so I can not help you.