Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Mac's - Single WinToUSB
Is there a way to have a single WinToUSB work on multiple Mac's?
It seems when I create a Drive it will install and work on the given Mac, but if I attempt to boot the USB stick I created on my Mac Pro it will not boot on my MacBook Pro. I just get the Win Logo and never make it to the login screen.
Any advice?
Which version of Windows you are using to create portable Windows? Windows 10/8/7, x86 or x64? Windows 7 is not completely portable. You may have driver problems when booting on different computers, so highly recommend using Windows 10/8.1/8 to create Windows To Go.
(09-04-2018, 11:23 AM)admin Wrote: Which version of Windows you are using to create portable Windows? Windows 10/8/7, x86 or x64? Windows 7 is not completely portable. You may have driver problems when booting on different computers, so highly recommend using Windows 10/8.1/8 to create Windows To Go.

I’m using Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
I can’t get back the black windows screen on the second computer.
I’ve installed windows boot amp assistant during the initial install.
(09-04-2018, 01:52 PM)natemac00 Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 11:23 AM)admin Wrote: Which version of Windows you are using to create portable Windows? Windows 10/8/7, x86 or x64? Windows 7 is not completely portable. You may have driver problems when booting on different computers, so highly recommend using Windows 10/8.1/8 to create Windows To Go.

I’m using Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
I can’t get back the black windows screen on the second computer.
I’ve installed windows boot amp assistant during the initial install.

Please recreate a Windows To Go USB drive (without installing bootcamp) to see if it can run on your Mac Pro.