Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enter password option grayed out
when i try to encrypt the boot partition the enter password option is grayed out.
(09-05-2018, 11:53 PM)[email protected] Wrote: when i try to encrypt the boot partition the enter password option is grayed out.

Are you using Windows 7? I'm sorry, Windows 7 can only be started with the recovery key or a BEK file, Windows 7 doesn't allow us to type password prior to receiving the login screen even if we are using Windows 7 Enterprise Edition, using the password to start Windows is not implemented in Windows 7. 
(09-06-2018, 01:22 AM)admin Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:53 PM)[email protected] Wrote: when i try to encrypt the boot partition the enter password option is grayed out.

Are you using Windows 7? I'm sorry, Windows 7 can only be started with the recovery key or a BEK file, Windows 7 doesn't allow us to type password prior to receiving the login screen even if we are using Windows 7 Enterprise Edition, using the password to start Windows is not implemented in Windows 7. 

Hasleo BitLocker Anywhere now supports using a password to encrypt Windows 7 system partition, for more infomation please refer to the link below:
https://www.easyuefi.com/bitlocker-anywh...sword.html