Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard unreponsive after encryption & restart(s)
Purchased BitLocker Anywhere Home (?), followed screen prompts & encrypted hard drive followed by shutdown of laptop. Booted laptop and password screen appears but keyboard is totally unresponsive. Reboot and am able to enter 4 numbers using numerical keypad before keyboard becomes completely unresponsive. Unable to Esc to recovery nor continue obviously. Laptop is now a doorstop.

After trying several things, finally am able to use Esc the minute laptop boots (before password screen appears) to escape to recovery screen and enter recovery key. Am now back to Windows 10 Home.

I will give it 24 hours to hear from "Tech Support", by e-mail!!!, before I start posting reviews in every internet site I can find about this experience and product.
(11-03-2018, 03:52 AM)Figaro Wrote: Purchased BitLocker Anywhere Home (?), followed screen prompts & encrypted hard drive followed by shutdown of laptop. Booted laptop and password screen appears but keyboard is totally unresponsive. Reboot and am able to enter 4 numbers using numerical keypad before keyboard becomes completely unresponsive. Unable to Esc to recovery nor continue obviously. Laptop is now a doorstop.

After trying several things, finally am able to use Esc the minute laptop boots (before password screen appears) to escape to recovery screen and enter recovery key. Am now back to Windows 10 Home.

I will give it 24 hours to hear from "Tech Support", by e-mail!!!, before I start posting reviews in every internet site I can find about this experience and product.

I'm sorry, we have never encountered such a situation before, and we need some time to analyze and solve this issue, so we recommend that you decrypt the drive and we will give you a full refund.
(11-03-2018, 10:48 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 03:52 AM)Figaro Wrote: Purchased BitLocker Anywhere Home (?), followed screen prompts & encrypted hard drive followed by shutdown of laptop. Booted laptop and password screen appears but keyboard is totally unresponsive. Reboot and am able to enter 4 numbers using numerical keypad before keyboard becomes completely unresponsive. Unable to Esc to recovery nor continue obviously. Laptop is now a doorstop.

I'm sorry, we have never encountered such a situation before, and we need some time to analyze and solve this issue, so we recommend that you decrypt the drive and we will give you a full refund.
There are several articles on this issue going back to 2015, one of which offered the solution of plugging in USB keyboard and entering password. I did so, was able to enter Password, and decrypted C: drive. Immediately uninstalled BitLocker Anywhere. Why were you not aware of postings on your product? That prevented you from discovering issues, testing proposed solutions and reviewing BIOS and product interactions leading to my issue in particular. Product Dev and Application Mgmt leave a LOT to be desired.
(11-10-2018, 06:01 AM)Figaro Wrote: There are several articles on this issue going back to 2015, one of which offered the solution of plugging in USB keyboard and entering password. I did so, was able to enter Password, and decrypted C: drive. Immediately uninstalled BitLocker Anywhere. Why were you not aware of postings on your product? That prevented you from discovering issues, testing proposed solutions and reviewing BIOS and product interactions leading to my issue in particular. Product Dev and Application Mgmt leave a LOT to be desired.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. 

As you said, other users have experienced the same issue after encrypting Windows partition by using the Windows built-in BitLocker feature, so this should be caused by a BUG that exists in Windows. You should know that BitLocker Anywhere is just a software that helps users encrypt partitions using BitLocker, and there is nothing it can do about BUG that exist in Windows. In cases where you were able to start Windows, we could only recommend that you decrypt the partition and have given you a full refund.