Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not Enough Space (0x000000C205620000)
Just installed the Pro version. When I try to backup my Win 7 to an NFTS formatted 32GB USB thumb drive I get the following message:

Disk or partition is insufficient (0x000000C2061D0000)

I read the thread and I don't seem to figure out where I doing something wrong.

Please help.
(06-29-2018, 02:03 AM)Reuven Wrote: Just installed the Pro version. When I try to backup my Win 7 to an NFTS formatted 32GB USB thumb drive I get the following message:

Disk or partition is insufficient (0x000000C2061D0000)

I read the thread and I don't seem to figure out where I doing something wrong.

Please help.

WinToUSB will copy all the files in source boot partition (Usually C: ) to the destination USB drive, so the destination USB drive must be larger than the used space on source boot partition. And WinToUSB requires that the destination boot partition must be 20% larger than the used space on source boot partition, so please check it.
Well, I tried it with a 64GB USB thumb drive and I still get the same error message...
(06-29-2018, 02:22 PM)Reuven Wrote: Well, I tried it with a 64GB USB thumb drive and I still get the same error message...

As I said in my last reply, WinToUSB will copy all the files in source boot partition (Usually C: ) to the destination USB drive. How much disk space has been used on your C:? Please check to see if the used space is larger than the destination USB drive.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=169]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My C partition has 224.8GB. So I need 270GB drive, based on the additional 20% needed.
Perhaps there should be a way where your software can give me options of what not to copy. The biggest USB thumb drive wildly available is 256GB...
(06-29-2018, 11:11 PM)Reuven Wrote: My C partition has 224.8GB. So I need 270GB drive, based on the additional 20% needed.
Perhaps there should be a way where your software can give me options of what not to copy. The biggest USB thumb drive wildly available is 256GB...

In this case, we recommend that you use an external hard disk as the destination disk.
Hey there,
I'm running into this error message as well. I created an 800gb partition on a 3TB G-Force external drive with the intention of using it for Windows To Go. I definitely have enough space on my E drive (745GB) and followed all the instructions when it came to deleting the volume and formatting it to NTFS etc. however I'm still getting the error message despite my C drive only being 59.68GB. The only thing I can think of is that may be causing the issue is having other partitions on this external hard drive including 1.2TB general storage for my Macbook as well as 1TB set aside for Time Machine. I also tried switching from legacy to either VHD or VHDX and adjusting the Virtual Hard Disk size to no avail. Am I missing something? I included some screenshots. Thank you!

(02-27-2019, 08:22 PM)Bennett Castillo Wrote: Hey there,
I'm running into this error message as well. I created an 800gb partition on a 3TB G-Force external drive with the intention of using it for Windows To Go. I definitely have enough space on my E drive (745GB) and followed all the instructions when it came to deleting the volume and formatting it to NTFS etc. however I'm still getting the error message despite my C drive only being 59.68GB. The only thing I can think of is that may be causing the issue is having other partitions on this external hard drive including 1.2TB general storage for my Macbook as well as 1TB set aside for Time Machine. I also tried switching from legacy to either VHD or VHDX and adjusting the Virtual Hard Disk size to no avail. Am I missing something? I included some screenshots. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this problem. Please send the user.log file to us (via e-mail at: [email protected]), the user.log file is located in the bin folder under the installation directory, and we will resolve it as soon as possible.
I have the same problem as the one described in this old Thread.

My situation:
Windows 10 is installed on a HDD with size 1 TB.
I am using a USB flash drive with size 250 GB.

Step 1 (See my screenshot 1)
I choose the "Physical to USB" (Clone existing OS) option of WinToUSB 
As you can see on my Screenshot "Used Size" = 710 GB.
This is correct, but of course only 10% of the Used Size is Windows stuff.
The other 90% is multimedia stuff (pictures and movies).  

Step 2 (See my screenshot 2)
When I pick up the 250 GB USB flash drive from the list, I get the error DISK PARTITION OR SPACE IS INSUFFICIENT.

If I understand correctly what admin wrote on 06-29-2018, the problem here is that Used Size + 20% is bigger than the USB flash drive, right? If this is correct, then I have the following two questions:
a) Is there a way to tell WinToUSB that it should only clone the Windows stuff (i.e. the folders Windows, Windows.old, Program Fles (x86) and Program Files) and NOT the other stuff which is on this HDD?
b) If a) is NOT possible: Would the following workaround solve this problem?
- Move the multimedia stuff (which is about 670 GB) from the HDD to an external backup disk
- Run WinToUSB again. Since now the "Used Size" of the HDD should be aprox 40 GB, the error DISK PARTITION OR SPACE IS INSUFFICIENT should not happen anymore, right?      

(03-11-2020, 12:16 AM)Klaus Wrote: I have the same problem as the one described in this old Thread.

My situation:
Windows 10 is installed on a HDD with size 1 TB.
I am using a USB flash drive with size 250 GB.

Step 1 (See my screenshot 1)
I choose the "Physical to USB" (Clone existing OS) option of WinToUSB 
As you can see on my Screenshot "Used Size" = 710 GB.
This is correct, but of course only 10% of the Used Size is Windows stuff.
The other 90% is multimedia stuff (pictures and movies).  

Step 2 (See my screenshot 2)
When I pick up the 250 GB USB flash drive from the list, I get the error DISK PARTITION OR SPACE IS INSUFFICIENT.

If I understand correctly what admin wrote on 06-29-2018, the problem here is that Used Size + 20% is bigger than the USB flash drive, right? If this is correct, then I have the following two questions:
a) Is there a way to tell WinToUSB that it should only clone the Windows stuff (i.e. the folders Windows, Windows.old, Program Fles (x86) and Program Files) and NOT the other stuff which is on this HDD?
b) If a) is NOT possible: Would the following workaround solve this problem?
- Move the multimedia stuff (which is about 670 GB) from the HDD to an external backup disk
- Run WinToUSB again. Since now the "Used Size" of the HDD should be aprox 40 GB, the error DISK PARTITION OR SPACE IS INSUFFICIENT should not happen anymore, right?      

I'm sorry, there is currently no way to tell WinToUSB that it should only clone the Windows stuff. WinToUSB will copy all the files in source boot partition (Usually C: ) to the destination boot partition on the USB drive, so the destination boot partition must be larger than the used space on source boot partition. Therefore, the solution you mentioned to move multimedia stuff to another drive is a viable solution.