Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to run system API
I am running a 2018 Mac mini with os Catalina. My VM software is parallels. I just upgraded my winto USB software.  I am trying to install windows 10 on to a Samsung X5 ssd. I can get as far a formatting the drive but that's where I get the error failed to run system API. I have attached my log file.
Please help..

Robert Holsti

Attached Files
.txt   userlog.txt (Size: 111.63 KB / Downloads: 3)
(11-28-2019, 04:08 PM)Rholsti Wrote: I am running a 2018 Mac mini with os Catalina. My VM software is parallels. I just upgraded my winto USB software.  I am trying to install windows 10 on to a Samsung X5 ssd. I can get as far a formatting the drive but that's where I get the error failed to run system API. I have attached my log file.
Please help..

Robert Holsti

Dear Robert Holsti,

We have analyzed the log file, Windows returned the error code 0x571 (The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.) when WinToUSB tried to format the disk, this usually means that there are problems with the drive. Can you manually delete all partitions on this disk and then create a single partition in Windows? 

There are two disks in the Parallels virtual machine, one 256G and one 1T, right? Could you take a screenshot of the drives on Windows Disk Managerment and send it to us? 

Thanks.

Best regards,