Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it possible to install windows 11 on usb stick?
is it possible to install windows 11 on usb stick?
(10-15-2021, 03:55 AM)shadtal Wrote: is it possible to install windows 11 on usb stick?

Yes, WinToUSB supports installing/cloning Windows 11 to a USB stick as portable Windows 11.
I am running Windows XP operating system but you want to experience working on Windows 8 is it good?
Hello,
I did a new install by WinToUSB of Windows 11 from a Windows 10 pC host.
If it realy works well, I wonder why having download in my C: drive on USB 128 Go pro, a new folder named "My Dowloads" is coming on the D part of USB key.
In fact this part has only 0,99 Go left. It seems not to be convenient.

The others download have been on the C part normaly, see under the picture.
My PC with these characterictics under

Thanks to you for allowing to put it right (sorry, I'm french and have not fluernt english/american)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-06-2022, 02:26 AM)mwonex Wrote: Hello,
I did a new install by WinToUSB of Windows 11 from a Windows 10 pC host.
If it realy works well, I wonder why having download in my C: drive on USB 128 Go pro, a new folder named "My Dowloads" is coming on the D part of USB key.
In fact this part has only 0,99 Go left. It seems not to be convenient.

The others download have been on the C part normaly, see under the picture.
My PC with these characterictics under

Thanks to you for allowing to put it right (sorry, I'm french and have not fluernt english/american)

The "My Dowloads" directory is not created by us, it should be created by other programs.
Hello,
Thank you admin, in fact normally on WIndows 11, like on windows 10, somme downloads come on the defautlt folder.
But Others are going on a new created "My downloads" automatically.
It concerns some .pdf files and else.

Its not really a big problem as I use this app to try Windows 11. In addition, I can move or delete theses files and folder.

Anyway, I don't think that an other program is concern.
Some must be download when clicking on, others by "save the link target" to by right clicking (as it does not remember the last action).

[Image: file.php?h=R8a23a3d2afa8da0767facadf1f89c898]

Regards
Wink 
(10-15-2021, 12:08 PM)admin Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 03:55 AM)shadtal Wrote: is it possible to install windows 11 on usb stick?

Yes, WinToUSB supports installing/cloning Windows 11 to a USB stick as portable Windows 11.

wohooo!! so happy to know this!! you don´t know how much you had helped me!!