Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed to run system api error
Hi,

I got a "failed to run system api.(0x03F00015013B0000)" when trying to create a usb flash drive.  I would like to know what the user.log means if anyone knows?  I've attached it.

It runs very slowly on usb flash drive indeed and at the very last moment (at 100% installed) it fell over.  I am ultimately trying to boot my Asus T100 to run windows 8.1 externally so I can do my banking this way as no other op system runs on my machine.  

That would be excellent if anyone can interpret the log.  

.docx   wintoUSB user.log.docx (Size: 14.02 KB / Downloads: 5)
(03-15-2015, 01:35 PM)kmoon Wrote: Hi,

I got a "failed to run system api.(0x03F00015013B0000)" when trying to create a usb flash drive.  I would like to know what the user.log means if anyone knows?  I've attached it.

It runs very slowly on usb flash drive indeed and at the very last moment (at 100% installed) it fell over.  I am ultimately trying to boot my Asus T100 to run windows 8.1 externally so I can do my banking this way as no other op system runs on my machine.  

That would be excellent if anyone can interpret the log.  

Try version 2.1 beta please .
I did go in to start the beta but it doesn't let me choose fat32 for the system partition. It only offers NTFS but my system is UEFI / GPT. Would it still be worth trying?
Thank you!
(03-17-2015, 10:40 AM)kmoon Wrote: I did go in to start the beta but it doesn't let me choose fat32 for the system partition.  It only offers NTFS but my system is UEFI / GPT.  Would it still be worth trying?
Thank you!

You need to boot from UEFI Compatibility Support Module mode. UEFI CSM provides compatibility support for traditional legacy BIOS, so you can boot BIOS-based systems . 
(03-17-2015, 10:40 PM)admin Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 10:40 AM)kmoon Wrote: I did go in to start the beta but it doesn't let me choose fat32 for the system partition.  It only offers NTFS but my system is UEFI / GPT.  Would it still be worth trying?
Thank you!

You need to boot from UEFI Compatibility Support Module mode. UEFI CSM provides compatibility support for traditional legacy BIOS, so you can boot BIOS-based systems . 

Thank for looking into this, I don't have these options in my BIOS menu anywhere - these machines don't have the legacy mode available in the menus.
(03-18-2015, 07:52 PM)kmoon Wrote:
Thank you!

Thank for looking into this, I don't have these options in my BIOS menu anywhere - these machines don't have the legacy mode available in the menus.

If you have a UEFI-compatible motherboard, in the boot menu, each removable device have two options: boot a device normally or boot it in UEFI, the UEFI option have a "UEFI: " prefix.
You need to boot from the normall device.
(03-18-2015, 10:57 PM)admin Wrote:
Thank you!

If you have a UEFI-compatible motherboard, in the boot menu, each removable device have two options: boot a device normally or boot it in UEFI, the UEFI option have a "UEFI: " prefix.

That's what is so painful about the Asus T100, it doesn't have many boot options. I've attached some screen prints of my system. I have called them in the meantime and confirmed that not only is it impossible to boot from the USB drive it is also impossible to restore a system image that way. It is only possible to boot a windows recovery file apparently which has put me in a dilemma...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-19-2015, 01:44 PM)kmoon Wrote:
Thank you!

That's what is so painful about the Asus T100, it doesn't have many boot options. I've attached some screen prints of my system. I have called them in the meantime and confirmed that not only is it impossible to boot from the USB drive it is also impossible to restore a system image that way. It is only possible to boot a windows recovery file apparently which has put me in a dilemma...

I can't attach the remaining screen prints because I've reached my quota. So I'll just type the last two screens out:

Security (SCREEN)

Administrator Password Status NOT INSTALLED
User Password Status NOT INSTALLED
Administrator Password
User Password

Secure Boot Menu

Save & Exit (SCREEN)

Save Changes and Exit
Discard Changes and Exit

Save Options
Save Changes
Discard Changes

Restore Defaults

Boot Override
Windows Boot Manager
UEFI: SanDisk Cruzer 8.02

Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device

That's all on my boot menu.
(03-19-2015, 01:51 PM)kmoon Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 01:44 PM)kmoon Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 10:40 PM)admin Wrote: You need to boot from UEFI Compatibility Support Module mode. UEFI CSM provides compatibility support for traditional legacy BIOS, so you can boot BIOS-based systems . 

That's what is so painful about the Asus T100, it doesn't have many boot options.  I've attached some screen prints of my system.  I have called them in the meantime and confirmed that not only is it impossible to boot from the USB drive it is also impossible to restore a system image that way.  It is only possible to boot a windows recovery file apparently which has put me in a dilemma...

I can't attach the remaining screen prints because I've reached my quota.  So I'll just type the last two screens out:

Security (SCREEN)

Administrator Password Status    NOT INSTALLED
User Password Status                 NOT INSTALLED
Administrator Password
User Password

Secure Boot Menu

Save & Exit (SCREEN)

Save Changes and Exit
Discard Changes and Exit

Save Options
Save Changes
Discard Changes

Restore Defaults

Boot Override
Windows Boot Manager
UEFI: SanDisk Cruzer 8.02

Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device

That's all on my boot menu.

1. Switch to the Security page and disable the Secure Boot.
2. Switch to the Boot page and enable Launch CSM.
3. Is SanDisk Cruzer 8.02 list in the boot menu?
1. Switch to the Security page and disable the Secure Boot.
2. Switch to the Boot page and enable Launch CSM.
3. Is SanDisk Cruzer 8.02 list in the boot menu?
[/quote]

1. Yes I have disabled the secure boot.

2. I don't have Launch CSM option. Do you mean Launch EFI shell or?

3. Yes the SanDisk Cruzer 8.02 does list in the boot menu but when I select it I am ignored, it just bounces over it and boots straight from the main C drive Win 8.1 again.