Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop Won't Power Off
Hey guys, first time user and lover of WinToUSB but I have some problems that I would like to seek guidance on.

I have created a USB-C Windows 11 installation using WinToUSB and everything appears to be working as designed. I am using this on a Lenovo Thinkpad T14s Gen3 device. The issue I have is when I reboot or shutdown the laptop from the Windows 11 WinToUSB installation the machine will stay powered on, that is, black screen, no activity. The only way to power off is to hold the power button for 5-10seconds, and then upon power on I can select the USB-C disk again and it boots into the WinToUSB installation normally (no errors about incorrectly shutting down or anything)

I am convinced this is likely a BIOS / Configuration issue in some way - can anyone assist?

Thanks
(03-25-2024, 10:05 PM)rscosworth Wrote: Hey guys, first time user and lover of WinToUSB but I have some problems that I would like to seek guidance on.

I have created a USB-C Windows 11 installation using WinToUSB and everything appears to be working as designed. I am using this on a Lenovo Thinkpad T14s Gen3 device. The issue I have is when I reboot or shutdown the laptop from the Windows 11 WinToUSB installation the machine will stay powered on, that is, black screen, no activity. The only way to power off is to hold the power button for 5-10seconds, and then upon power on I can select the USB-C disk again and it boots into the WinToUSB installation normally (no errors about incorrectly shutting down or anything)

I am convinced this is likely a BIOS / Configuration issue in some way - can anyone assist?

Thanks

USB flash drives are usually slow to write, try to wait a while longer for Windows to write data to the USB flash drive.
(04-01-2024, 08:10 PM)admin Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 10:05 PM)rscosworth Wrote: Hey guys, first time user and lover of WinToUSB but I have some problems that I would like to seek guidance on.

Thanks

USB flash drives are usually slow to write, try to wait a while longer for Windows to write data to the USB flash drive.

Thanks for the reply, I should have stated that it’s a USB-C caddy with an SSD 240GB disk in it, I also have another USB-C caddy with a PCIe 4.0 nvme drive.

I’ve left the machine on in that state and it just stays powered on till the battery eventually drains.