Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having trouble creating paritions
Hello!

Recently, I have been trying to get a portable version of windows onto a flash for me to use on other computers. I have gone though lots of tutorials and threads, and I think in the process of reading this thread here I tried to clean my flash drive as I was getting the error message, "Version of Windows Already Installed" (I got it to start successfully before, but cancelled it because I thought it wasn't working, and now I realized I could have just deleted the hidden files, im sorry for being so stupid.) I tried to fix it using the diskpart commands, but I am unable to execute the command "format quick fs-nfts" as it says, "The file system is incompatible." I tried to go back into WinToUsb to see if I could start the installation again, but I am unable to select a boot partition now. Is there any way to fix this?
(03-18-2016, 07:46 AM)CussT999 Wrote: Hello!

Recently, I have been trying to get a portable version of windows onto a flash for me to use on other computers. I have gone though lots of tutorials and threads, and I think in the process of reading this thread here I tried to clean my flash drive as I was getting the error message, "Version of Windows Already Installed" (I got it to start successfully before, but cancelled it because I thought it wasn't working, and now I realized I could have just deleted the hidden files, im sorry for being so stupid.) I tried to fix it using the diskpart commands, but I am unable to execute the command "format quick fs-nfts" as it says, "The file system is incompatible." I tried to go back into WinToUsb to see if I could start the installation again, but I am unable to select a boot partition now. Is there any way to fix this?

You are unable to access the device or just unable to format the device? Maybe you can try a third party tool like DiskWipe to wipe the device.