Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free/Trial version complains Win 7 Pro is "Enterprise/Server"
I'm a new user and want to try out the product. I might purchase a license in the future, but I can't get my first try to even start as the free/trial version is giving me the following message:

"The free/trial version doesn't support Windows Enterprise/Server operating systems.(0x0000010708AB0000)"

I'm just trying to install Windows 7 Pro.....is that supposed to be restricted in the free/trial version?

Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot attached of page where I'm selecting the version to install: hitting the next button gives a dialog with the message above.

Thanks for any insight or tips to get it to work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-04-2016, 12:47 PM)stokely Wrote: I'm a new user and want to try out the product.  I might purchase a license in the future, but I can't get my first try to even start as the free/trial version is giving me the following message:

"The free/trial version doesn't support Windows Enterprise/Server operating systems.(0x0000010708AB0000)"

I'm just trying to install Windows 7 Pro.....is that supposed to be restricted in the free/trial version?

Screenshot attached of page where I'm selecting the version to install:  hitting the next button gives a dialog with the message above.

Maybe your host Windows OS (windows run WinToUSB) is the Enterprise/Server edition.
WinToUSB is free for non-commercial use only, it can't run on a Enterprise/Server Windows OS, so please try it on another computer.
Thanks.
(04-04-2016, 10:07 PM)admin Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 12:47 PM)stokely Wrote: I'm a new user and want to try out the product.  I might purchase a license in the future, but I can't get my first try to even start as the free/trial version is giving me the following message:

Screenshot attached of page where I'm selecting the version to install:  hitting the next button gives a dialog with the message above.

Maybe your host Windows OS (windows run WinToUSB) is the Enterprise/Server edition.
WinToUSB is free for non-commercial use only, it can't run on a Enterprise/Server Windows OS, so please try it on another computer.
Thanks.

Oh, my host is 8.1 Enterprise, so that is probably the issue.

Will it be OK running on a 7 Ultimate host or should I find a 7 Pro host to run it on?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
(04-04-2016, 11:20 PM)stokely Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 10:07 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks.

Oh, my host is 8.1 Enterprise, so that is probably the issue.

Will it be OK running on a 7 Ultimate host or should I find a 7 Pro host to run it on?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Yes, it will be OK, but if you want to create Windows To Go Workspace on a USB flash drive, you'd better use Windows 7 Ultimate or later Windows OS.