Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble Install Windows 10 Home
I'm attempting to use WinToUsb Free to install a Windows 10 Insider Preview Build to a USB drive. I heard about WinToUsb and it sounded like a great tool, and I understand that it's free for non-commercial use.

When I select the .iso file, it asks me to choose what version of the OS I'd like to install. Regardless of what I select, it tells me that free/trail version doesn't support Windows Enterprise/Server operating systems....which is fine. I just want to check out the insider build without messing around on my home PC.

Am I misunderstanding the licensing, and can someone tell me how much I would have to pay to get this to work?

Thank you
(07-01-2018, 04:30 AM)RobDude16 Wrote: I'm attempting to use WinToUsb Free to install a Windows 10 Insider Preview Build to a USB drive.  I heard about WinToUsb and it sounded like a great tool, and I understand that it's free for non-commercial use.

When I select the .iso file, it asks me to choose what version of the OS I'd like to install.  Regardless of what I select, it tells me that free/trail version doesn't support Windows Enterprise/Server operating systems....which is fine.  I just want to check out the insider build without messing around on my home PC.  

Am I misunderstanding the licensing, and can someone tell me how much I would have to pay to get this to work?

Thank you

Thank you for your interest in our product(s). Maybe your host Windows OS (Windows run WinToUSB) is the Enterprise/Server edition. WinToUSB is free for non-commercial use only, it can't run on an Enterprise/Server Windows OS. Please check it.
(07-01-2018, 10:16 AM)admin Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 04:30 AM)RobDude16 Wrote: I'm attempting to use WinToUsb Free to install a Windows 10 Insider Preview Build to a USB drive.  I heard about WinToUsb and it sounded like a great tool, and I understand that it's free for non-commercial use.

When I select the .iso file, it asks me to choose what version of the OS I'd like to install.  Regardless of what I select, it tells me that free/trail version doesn't support Windows Enterprise/Server operating systems....which is fine.  I just want to check out the insider build without messing around on my home PC.  

Thank you

Thank you for your interest in our product(s). Maybe your host Windows OS (Windows run WinToUSB) is the Enterprise/Server edition. WinToUSB is free for non-commercial use only, it can't run on an Enterprise/Server Windows OS. Please check it.

Thank you for explaining.  Clearly, my intent is to use this software for non-commercial use; but I am running an Enterprise edition of windows on the PC in question.  I'll use my laptop instead.