If you have a Windows 10/8.x/7/vista installation ISO/WIM/ESD/SWM, a VHD/VHDX file which have Windows 10/8.x/7/vista installed, or a Windows 10/8.x/7/vista installation CD/DVD, you can use WinToHDD to reinstall Windows.
With this feature, even if you know nothing about computer technology, you can also use it to reinstall the Windows operating system.
Using WinToHDD to reinstall Windows:
- Click to open the WinToHDD installation file. Follow the steps in the setup dialogs. You'll have the option to specify where to install WinToHDD.
- Run WinToHDD as administrator, then click the button.
- Please use the following guidelines to prepare your installation source.
- Installing from an ISO/WIM/ESD/SWM/VHD/VHDX File: Click the button, then click the button and select the ISO/WIM/ESD/SWM/VHD/VHDX file from the open dialog box.
- Installing from a DVD drive: Insert the Windows installation CD/DVD into your CD/DVD drive. Once the CD/DVD is being detected in Windows, then click button and select the CD/DVD drive in the drop-down list. If your CD/DVD drive is not correctly recognized by WinToHDD, you need to click the button for the program to recognize the CD/DVD drive.
- WinToHDD scans for and lists installable operating systems. If you see the edition of Windows you want to install, select it, then click "Next".
- WinToHDD will automatically select the target boot partition and system partition from the partition list, and the selected partitions will be marked as red.
- Click "Next". After clicking "Next", a pop-up will appear asking you if you want to build a WinPE image to continue. Click "Yes".
- After successfully builded the WinPE image, WinToHDD will prompt you to reboot the computer, click "Yes" button to allow WinToHDD to reboot your computer.
- It takes some time to reinstall Windows. After successfully reinstalled restart the computer, Windows installation starts up and you have to complete all the installation steps.
Follow these simple steps, you can reinstall Windows with WinToHDD easily.