Install & Run Windows/WinPE on a USB drive!
WinToUSB is a free software that allows you to install and run Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive as the source of installation. In the newest version you can clone current Windows OS (Windows 7 or later) to a USB drive as a Windows To Go
Workspace. WinToUSB also support creating bootable WinPE USB drive, it can help you to transfer the contents of WinPE to the USB drive and make the drive bootable.
WinToUSB's key features include:
- Easy-to-use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for creating Windows To Go USB drive.
- Install Windows/WinPE from an ISO image or CD/DVD drive.
- Clone current Windows OS (Windows 7 or later) as a Windows To Go USB drive.
- Support for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 Technical Preview/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2 and WinPE 2/3/4/5.
- Use any edition of Windows 8/8.1/10 Technical Preview to create Windows To Go USB drive.
- Support for MBR and GPT disk layouts.
- Windows 7/2008 R2 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows 7/2008 R2 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
- USB flash drives are very slow. It takes a long time to install and run Windows from a USB flash drive, highly recommend using a USB hard disk or Windows To Go Certified Drives.
- Windows To Go drives can be booted on different computers, so you can carry it to anywhere and use it on any computer.
- Windows 7/2008 R2 is not completely portable. You may have activation and driver problems when booting on different computers.
- You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the WinToUSB on.
- Windows XP or later (32/64-bit).
- Intel® Pentium® processor.
- 256MB of available RAM (512MB or more recommended).
- 10MB of free space on your hard drive.
- 800x600 graphic device (higher resolution recommended).
Download WinToUSB V2.0
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A WinToUSB usage guide is available here and FAQ is available here.
Bugs or Enhancement Requests
You can send an e-mail or ask a question in the forum.
If you enjoy using our software and want to help us pay for hosting costs, purchasing equipment and future development, please consider making a donation.