Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: Unallocated space in WinToUSB.VHD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My WinToUSB.VHD is 66 GB of which my cloned C drive takes 49.05 GB and the rest is shown as unallocated space of 16.95 GB. I got to know this after i mounted this VHD. Now, why is this space there first of all, secondly is this unallocated space being used by any system ? or Is it lying just dead vacant and unused. I would like to reclaim this space if possible. I have cloned my Windows 7 Ultimate. Below is screen shot of my HDDs. Please advise.
Did you tick the "Sector by sector clone" checkbox before cloning? "Sector by sector clone" ensures that destination boot partition is exactly the same as source boot partition. If the "Sector by sector clone" option is checked, WinToUSB will clone all the sectors from the source boot partition to the destination boot partition, even if the sector is blank or it is a logically bad sector. As a result, the target boot partition will be equal in size to the boot partition being cloned after the process.

Please redo the clone operation without the 'sector by sector clone' option or extend the volume V: on the virtual disk by using Windows Disk Management. 

Reference:
How to Extend a Partition or Volume in Windows 7:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/267...xtend.html
Can't I delete it and merge 16.95 GB in WinToUSB (E) drive (Pen drive on which I have cloned Windows) ?? Confused Confused  Undecided Undecided Undecided
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are meaning.
(10-07-2016, 11:53 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are meaning.

What i mean is that Can i take out the 17 GB from my virtual hard disk and merge it with pendrive space. ?
(10-08-2016, 06:52 PM)rohanselfhelp Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2016, 11:53 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are meaning.

What i mean is that Can i take out the 17 GB from my virtual hard disk and merge it with pendrive space.  ?

Hi, rohanselfhep. Some third-party tools (such as VHD Resizer) claim that can shrink a VHD file, but we have never test it, maybe you can have a try.
(10-08-2016, 10:13 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2016, 06:52 PM)rohanselfhelp Wrote: [ -> ]

What i mean is that Can i take out the 17 GB from my virtual hard disk and merge it with pendrive space.  ?

Hi, rohanselfhep. Some third-party tools (such as VHD Resizer) claim that can shrink a VHD file, but we have never test it, maybe you can have a try. We recommend that you redo the cloning operation, it won’t take up too much of your time.