Hasleo Software Forums
Imaging Format - Printable Version

+- Hasleo Software Forums (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hasleo Software (formerly called EasyUEFI Development Team) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Hasleo Backup Suite (Free Windows Backup & Restore Software) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Imaging Format (/showthread.php?tid=1273)

Imaging Format - Froggie - 12-10-2022

Yes, it appears to be proprietary but my question concerns the ability to extract files from your images.  You offer a file extraction method completely indigenous to the Backup Suite itself.  Almost all other imaging applications offer the ability to actually mount their images/partitions under a standard Windows API.  At this point the partition is available under Windows with all its glory... without maybe the ability to write/modify that mounted image.  This allows the user access to most all his Windows apps and the DATA in that mounted partition... a very convenient user environment.

Has any thought been given to possibly offering similar capability with Hasleo images?  Just kinda looking down the roadmap a bit to see what might be on your horizon... thanx!

RE: Imaging Format - admin - 12-10-2022

(12-10-2022, 12:50 AM)Froggie Wrote: Yes, it appears to be proprietary but my question concerns the ability to extract files from your images.  You offer a file extraction method completely indigenous to the Backup Suite itself.  Almost all other imaging applications offer the ability to actually mount their images/partitions under a standard Windows API.  At this point the partition is available under Windows with all its glory... without maybe the ability to write/modify that mounted image.  This allows the user access to most all his Windows apps and the DATA in that mounted partition... a very convenient user environment.

Has any thought been given to possibly offering similar capability with Hasleo images?  Just kinda looking down the roadmap a bit to see what might be on your horizon... thanx!

Yes, we will implement this feature in a future release. At this stage, our main work is to improve the implemented features rather than implement more new features, because we do not have enough manpower.

RE: Imaging Format - smipx - 02-16-2023

I would like to add my voice to the request for a feature of being able to mount backup images. 
I think this is a great program but without this I sadly cannot use it as my "go-to" free backup replacement for "another product that is no longer being developed as a free product".

Cheers all for the sterling efforts :-)

RE: Imaging Format - admin - 02-17-2023

(02-16-2023, 09:11 PM)smipx Wrote: I would like to add my voice to the request for a feature of being able to mount backup images. 
I think this is a great program but without this I sadly cannot use it as my "go-to" free backup replacement for "another product that is no longer being developed as a free product".

Cheers all for the sterling efforts :-)

Thank you very much for your suggestion and we will implement this feature in future releases.