Hasleo Software Forums
Recreating WinPE Boot including drivers - Printable Version

+- Hasleo Software Forums (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hasleo Software (formerly called EasyUEFI Development Team) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Hasleo Backup Suite (Free Windows Backup & Restore Software) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Recreating WinPE Boot including drivers (/showthread.php?tid=1413)

Recreating WinPE Boot including drivers - WW5410 - 03-13-2023

I'm working though using the Hasleo Backup suite to replace my other backup/restore app, so I used the tool to create a WinPE Boot entry -- and skipped over the driver page.

Now, when I boot, the laptop does not see the Bluetooth mouse.  So, my plan was to recreate the WinPE Boot but this time, add the BT drivers for the mouse.  So, I used the option to Remove the Boot record.

But I though when I clicked to Add it again, it would put up the Driver screen -- but it does not.

So, I'm guessing I have to remove something that Hasleo has created and saved for the WinPE Boot.

I looked in the c:\boot folder (where the other app stores its WinPE boot files) and there were no Hasleo files there.

So, I need to know where to go and what to remove to force the reload of the Drivers window.

Thanks

RE: Recreating WinPE Boot including drivers - admin - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 10:21 AM)WW5410 Wrote: I'm working though using the Hasleo Backup suite to replace my other backup/restore app, so I used the tool to create a WinPE Boot entry -- and skipped over the driver page.

Now, when I boot, the laptop does not see the Bluetooth mouse.  So, my plan was to recreate the WinPE Boot but this time, add the BT drivers for the mouse.  So, I used the option to Remove the Boot record.

But I though when I clicked to Add it again, it would put up the Driver screen -- but it does not.

So, I'm guessing I have to remove something that Hasleo has created and saved for the WinPE Boot.

I looked in the c:\boot folder (where the other app stores its WinPE boot files) and there were no Hasleo files there.

So, I need to know where to go and what to remove to force the reload of the Drivers window.

Thanks

Please go to the bin folder under the installation directory of Hasleo Backup Suite, delete the WinPE.iso file, then you can recreate WinPE.

RE: Recreating WinPE Boot including drivers - WW5410 - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 10:25 AM)admin Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 10:21 AM)WW5410 Wrote: I'm working though using the Hasleo Backup suite to replace my other backup/restore app, so I used the tool to create a WinPE Boot entry -- and skipped over the driver page.

Thanks

Please go to the bin folder under the installation directory of Hasleo Backup Suite, delete the WinPE.iso file, then you can recreate WinPE.
OK, that worked to force the driver window ... but adding the mouse BT driver did not accomplish anything.

I will have to experiment with other drivers to see which other ones need to be loaded.

Thanks

RE: Recreating WinPE Boot including drivers - admin - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 10:41 AM)WW5410 Wrote:

Thanks

OK, that worked to force the driver window ... but adding the mouse BT driver did not accomplish anything.

I will have to experiment with other drivers to see which other ones need to be loaded.

Thanks

If it still doesn't work after adding the driver, you have to use a wired mouse.

RE: Recreating WinPE Boot including drivers - WW5410 - 03-14-2023

(03-13-2023, 11:02 AM)admin Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 10:41 AM)WW5410 Wrote:

Thanks

Thanks

If it still doesn't work after adding the driver, you have to use a wired mouse.

I just got done reading another forum where they stated that BT does not work in the PE/RE environment -- and even if it did, you would have to re-pair your BT mouse every time you switch from one environment  to the other.  Guess I will simply have to carry along a wired mouse with the laptop in order to use a mouse during the Recovery boot.

You can close this thread.

Thanks for the support.

RE: Recreating WinPE Boot including drivers - Froggie - 03-14-2023

You're talking BlueTooth... most wireless mice are not BT.  BUT... whether they work or not under WinPE is mostly a trial'n'error method.  The Logitech wireless mouse I use works just fine with my desktop's BiOS... that may not be the case with all wireless mice and laptop BiOSes.

RE: Recreating WinPE Boot including drivers - WW5410 - 03-15-2023

(03-14-2023, 06:46 AM)Froggie Wrote: You're talking BlueTooth... most wireless mice are not BT.  BUT... whether they work or not under WinPE is mostly a trial'n'error method.  The Logitech wireless mouse I use works just fine with my desktop's BiOS... that may not be the case with all wireless mice and laptop BiOSes.

Yeah, my Logitech wireless mouse works OK, too -- it's the BT mouse that  has the issues.