Hasleo Software Forums
Failed to extract file from WIM file? - Printable Version

+- Hasleo Software Forums (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hasleo Software (formerly called EasyUEFI Development Team) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WinToUSB (Best Windows To Go Creator) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Failed to extract file from WIM file? (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Failed to extract file from WIM file? - Bernard1 - 05-26-2018

What can I do if I have this issue : "Failed to extract file from the WIM file . Please temporarily deactivate your anti-virus software , and try again 0x000000F009590046 " . I installing the windows by WinToUsb app on a new SSD Drive .. the app is installind up to 36% than appear the Issue wroted uper and automatecally is ejecting the SSD drive !

I have no any anti-virus installed >> even Windows defender I deactivate >>> Same issue apear !
How to solve this issue ?? What shoud I add or change ?

RE: Failed to extract file from WIM file? - admin - 05-26-2018

(05-26-2018, 08:14 PM)Bernard1 Wrote: What can I do if I have this issue : "Failed to extract file from the WIM file . Please temporarily deactivate your anti-virus software , and try again 0x000000F009590046 " . I installing the windows by WinToUsb app on a new SSD Drive .. the app is installind up to 36% than appear the Issue wroted uper and automatecally is ejecting the SSD drive !

I have no any anti-virus installed >> even Windows defender I deactivate >>> Same issue apear !
How to solve this issue ?? What shoud I add or change ?

We recommend that you add an external power supply to the USB drive and try again, because this could be a power supply problem.

RE: Failed to extract file from WIM file? - tmac15 - 05-29-2018

I've been getting this same error. I see that people have been getting it for years. I am discouraged seeing that the latest reply of yours suggests adding an external power supply, since I have multiple. Has anyone been using methods besides WinToUSB?

RE: Failed to extract file from WIM file? - admin - 05-29-2018

This error "Failed to extract file from the WIM file." is usually caused by the following reasons:
1. The WIM file has been corrupted. In such case, we recommend that you redownload the Windows installation ISO and try again.
2. There is not enough power on the USB port for the USB drive to work. In such case, we recommend that you add an external power supply to the external hard drive or insert the external hard drive into another USB port and try again, or try WinToUSB on other computers.
3. WinToUSB does not have permissions to write registry or write the boot secotr of the external hard drive, this is usually caused by an anti-virus software, so please temporarily deactivate your anti-virus software or add our WinToUSB to the list of allowed applications (may be called Trusted Applications/Whitelisted applications) of your anti-virus software and try again.

RE: Failed to extract file from WIM file? - geoff - 08-28-2019

Hello, I've got the same problem.
I'm using a Windows 10 x64 Pro version where I've installed WinToUSB 4.6 Free.
I'm trying to install Windows 10 x64 Familly edition (from Windows 10 May 2019 ISO) on a 2.5 USB hard disk on USB3.0. 

1) There is no additional power supply available for my hard disk (only the USB wire)
2) I've disabled Defender with gpedit.msc
3) I've installed a Windows 10 x64 version with this .iso so I don't think it's corrupted

Can somebody help ?

I've attached user.log and activate.log.

(08-28-2019, 05:11 AM)geoff Wrote: Hello, I've got the same problem.
I'm trying to install Windows 10 x64 Familly edition (from Windows 10 May 2019 ISO) on a 2.5 USB hard disk on USB3.0. 

1) There is no additional power supply available for my hard disk (only the USB wire)
3) I've installed a Windows 10 x64 version with this .iso so I don't think it's corrupted

Can somebody help ?

After several changes it worked. Here is what I did:
1) removed all USB devices that I was not needing (gamepad, usb keys…)
2) Re-enabled Defender Antivirus
3) made a second FAT32 partition of 499MB before the big partition on the usb disk

Ater usb boot and win install I have a second USB drive D of 500MB with Nothing Inside so I think the solution is just removing all possible useless USB devices that would be connected on the computer (even if I find this a bit Strange).

RE: Failed to extract file from WIM file? - admin - 08-28-2019

Can somebody help ?

We've analyzed the log file, the ISO file you were usingappears to have been corrupted, please download ISO again and try again.

(08-28-2019, 03:35 PM)admin Wrote:

Can somebody help ?

We've analyzed the log file, the ISO file you were usingappears to have been corrupted, please download ISO again and try again.

Hi ! Thanks for the analysis but it's strange because I made it work with the same iso.

RE: Failed to extract file from WIM file? - arteesun - 11-08-2019

(08-28-2019, 04:22 PM)geoff Wrote:

Can somebody help ?

Hi ! Thanks for the analysis but it's strange because I made it work with the same iso.

Hi, I've had the same problem. I'm attaching my user log. I only attached part of it since the file was too large. I also don't have antivirus activated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

RE: Failed to extract file from WIM file? - admin - 11-08-2019

(11-08-2019, 11:19 AM)arteesun Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 04:22 PM)geoff Wrote:

Can somebody help ?

Hi, I've had the same problem. I'm attaching my user log. I only attached part of it since the file was too large. I also don't have antivirus activated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

We have analyzed the log file, the USB drive is in an offline mode when the error occurs and Windows OS return "(status=C0000012): The wrong diskette is in the drive. Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number: %3) into drive %1, so we think it is a power supply problem. Here are a few solutions that you can try:

1. Connect the USB drive to another USB port and try again.
2. Add an external power supply to the USB drive and try again.
3. Try WinToUSB on other computers or try another USB drive.
4. The USB cable may be unstable, replace a new USB cable and try again.