Hasleo Software Forums
Help create Bootable WinXP Flash drive. - Printable Version

+- Hasleo Software Forums (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hasleo Software (formerly called EasyUEFI Development Team) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WinToUSB (Best Windows To Go Creator) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Help create Bootable WinXP Flash drive. (/showthread.php?tid=318)

Help create Bootable WinXP Flash drive. - saurabhdua - 08-31-2016

Hello Members,

I have a Year 2002 purchased Licensed version of Win XP on a Compaq CD.

Wish to return to this iconic legacy OS. Boot from CD is getting STUCK at the very first stage viz. --"Checking Hardware Configuration..".

Tried using WinToUSB under>> CD/DVD ROM to USB << & it returned --"Cannot find Bootable image(error code)"!

Gave a shot to Tool available under Drop-down menu>>CD/DVD to ISO<< & created suitable ISO successfully.

Now tried >>Image-To-USB<< & it is again returning --"Cannot find Bootable Image (error code)"!

Please help me accomplish the task of creating a Bootable WinXP on my Flash-drive in order to make a further attempt of installing the same on my PC, or atleast be able to run the same through USB Flash drive!

Lastly, is there some Exclusive method to transform a usual ISO to a Bootable ISO? Why the prompts are refusing to recognize the newly created ISO as a Bootable ISO?

Kindly suggest...& help will be sincerely appreciated.

PS - My current OS is Win 8 Home edition & current system is HP AIO Desktop PC--18-1206in.

RE: Help create Bootable WinXP Flash drive. - admin - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 01:18 AM)saurabhdua Wrote: Hello Members,

I have a Year 2002 purchased Licensed version of Win XP on a Compaq CD.

Wish to return to this iconic legacy OS. Boot from CD is getting STUCK at the very first stage viz. --"Checking Hardware Configuration..".

Tried using WinToUSB under>> CD/DVD ROM to USB << & it returned --"Cannot find Bootable image(error code)"!

Gave a shot to Tool available under Drop-down menu>>CD/DVD to ISO<< & created suitable ISO successfully.

Now tried >>Image-To-USB<< & it is again returning --"Cannot find Bootable Image (error code)"!

Please help me accomplish the task of creating a Bootable WinXP on my Flash-drive in order to make a further attempt of installing the same on my PC, or atleast be able to run the same through USB Flash drive!

Lastly, is there some Exclusive method to transform a usual ISO to a Bootable ISO? Why the prompts are refusing to recognize the newly created ISO as a Bootable ISO?

Kindly suggest...& help will be sincerely appreciated.

PS - My current OS is Win 8 Home edition & current system is HP AIO Desktop PC--18-1206in.

I'm sorry, WinToUSB supports creating a portable Windows USB drive form a Windows 7/8/10 installation image, but it doesn't support Windows XP.

RE: Help create Bootable WinXP Flash drive. - saurabhdua - 08-31-2016

Hello Admin!

Can you please help suggest an 'alternative' instead?

Yours prompt Guidance will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

RE: Help create Bootable WinXP Flash drive. - admin - 09-01-2016

(08-31-2016, 04:53 PM)saurabhdua Wrote: Hello Admin!

Can you please help suggest an 'alternative' instead?

Yours prompt Guidance will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

Sorry, I don't know nothing about that.