Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VHD(X) upgrade failed with bitlocker
I cannot upgrade my Windows 11 WintoUSB using the Windows to Go Upgrader.

It tells me I must manually decrypt my partition before upgrading windows.

Following the guide here: https://www.easyuefi.com/windows-to-go-u...ws-11.html

If says:

Quote:If the Windows To Go workspace has been encrypted by using BitLocker Drive Encryption, you need to enter the decrypted password during the upgrade process.

However it isn't and I'm greeted with this error message.

[Image: eIK5UKO.png]

When I try to manually decrypt by booting into my WinToUSB 11, and turning off Bitlocker, I'm greeted with this unfortunate error message:

[Image: iS3IETS.jpeg]

Error message when trying to decrypt from powershell.

[Image: gRLKSK4.jpeg]
(12-13-2021, 11:21 PM)bacevs Wrote: I cannot upgrade my Windows 11 WintoUSB using the Windows to Go Upgrader.

If says:

Quote:If the Windows To Go workspace has been encrypted by using BitLocker Drive Encryption, you need to enter the decrypted password during the upgrade process.

When I try to manually decrypt by booting into my WinToUSB 11, and turning off Bitlocker, I'm greeted with this unfortunate error message:

I'm sorry, we cannot see the pictures you sent, please contact us directly via [email protected]. Thanks.
(12-14-2021, 12:05 AM)admin Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 11:21 PM)bacevs Wrote: I cannot upgrade my Windows 11 WintoUSB using the Windows to Go Upgrader.

If says:

I'm sorry, we cannot see the pictures you sent, please contact us directly via [email protected]. Thanks.

I've added the screenshots as attachments.

Note: I had encrypted my Windows 11 Education install through the WintoUSB create process.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-14-2021, 03:36 PM)bacevs Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 12:05 AM)admin Wrote:

If says:

I've added the screenshots as attachments.

Note: I had encrypted my Windows 11 Education install through the WintoUSB create process.

Are you sure this drive is C:? Please try the following steps to decrypt the drive.
1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. run 'manage-bde -off C:' to decrypt the partition.
(12-14-2021, 05:33 PM)admin Wrote: Are you sure this drive is C:? Please try the following steps to decrypt the drive.
1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. run 'manage-bde -off C:' to decrypt the partition.

Yes I am sure, im booting off the USB live windows. I get the same error message. I have since formatted and reinstalled windows 11 to go again