Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disk/Partition Backup: Inconsistency in Restored Disk Geometry
My main System disk has 5-partitions on it (EFI, MSR, C: <OS>, V: <Data> & Microsoft Recovery).  I'm currently using Hasleo's Disk/Partition mode to image this device in a backup capacity to my main imaging software.  As a backup, I expect it to restore the exact same disk geometry as was imaged... this to insure that my Primary disk backup functions properly following a Hasleo restoration.  This is not happening in the Disk Mode restore, whether I use the "Keep Partition Layout" option or not.

Windows re-lettered my V: (data) partition to letter F: following the restore, and my primary imaging software can no longer find the geometry needed (Partition 1 <EFI>not found where it should be) to perform a proper backup.  Even if I change the mis-lettered partition back to V:, the primary imaging application still cannot find the configuration it needs.

I don't use "System Backup" mode because I want that extra Data partition in my image.  Is there something I'm missing here...???

This issue was also in the 13Jan2023 build as well... any help, greatly appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
Disk/Partition Backup: Inconsistency in Restored Disk Geometry - by Froggie - 02-24-2023, 12:53 AM