Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Triggers
Trying to add some sense to what I'm experiencing, this time I took one machine state (non-FastStartup) and tried to test both powered and battery events, in their list order.  Events SHUTDOWN & STARTUP work as advertised in the powered mode.  Events LOGON & LOGOFF were very sketchy... I only got one LOGON event to work properly (and it happened only on the 2nd attempt of using SHUTDOWN/STARTUP rather than RESTART), the rest failed.

Another thing I saw was that during the testing, after changing the trigger (somewhere between LOGON & LOGOFF trigger testing), the application lost its task it was using to test with... no longer in the app's list.  This happened once yesterday as well... I knew not why and just wrote it off.  All this was happening while trigger testing... no restorations.  A restoration to a snapshot prior to testing did bring back the missing task as expected.

Never got to the non-FastStartup Battery testing at all.  Original plan was to do non-FastStartup AC Power testing, then same with Battery, then change to FastStartup and do both powered and battery testing in that mode.

The Devs really need to checkout the above scenarios in depth.  The above experiences were found on two different laptops (Dell & HP), both using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC IoT 21H2 OS versions... hardware was Intel i5 (3rd gen), 6gB RAM, 256gB SATA3 SSD. I also use a PIN Logon rather than a PASSWORD (Password is established) if that makes any difference as far as LOGON events are concerned (I don't think it should).

Messages In This Thread
Event Triggers - by Froggie - 04-19-2023, 02:42 AM
RE: Event Triggers - by admin - 04-19-2023, 01:40 PM
RE: Event Triggers - by Froggie - 04-20-2023, 11:12 PM
RE: Event Triggers - by Froggie - 04-23-2023, 01:09 AM