Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delta restore is now available!!!!
(10-20-2023, 11:15 PM)Froggie Wrote: I think you may have misunderstood my suggestion.  Of course I agree with your analysis above.  But picture the following (as far as imaging is concerned)...

Imaging: 2-modes offered, SYSTEM and DISK/PARTITION
Restoration: no modes.

By that I mean, you choose an image (SYSTEM or DISK/PARTITION) and when the "Select what you want to restore" window appears, you offer the user the ability to select the whole disk or a partition/subset of partitions in the image using your offered CheckBoxes.  If a user only wants to restore 1-partition, they check that partition's CheckBox... if more than 1, check those particular CheckBoxes, if the whole disk, that particular CheckBox (or all the partition CheckBoxes).

Since you have the ability to determine whether any of these requests are of original partition return or new space return, you can make the appropriate DELTA RESTORE decision and execute accordingly.

It's basically just a suggestion to make the whole restoration process simpler for the user.  Forcing a limited single partition return on the user just doesn't make any sense.  With your ability to do a subset of partitions on an OS disk (The "System" which may be part of a larger subset of partitions on a given disk), it should be easy to allow for any partition/subset to be restored through simple selection.  The ability to offer both SYSTEM and PARTITION restorations should remain to assist the user in selecting the right subset for System BOOT return condition, but that can be as simple as offering a SYSTEM CheckBox in the above mentioned window if all the System partitions are, indeed, in the image being restored.  Selecting that CheckBox would pre-check the System subset of partitions in the image, if available.  Otherwise, the user just checks what he wants restored (whole Disk, single partition or subset of partitions).

I hope I'm clearer in my explanation this time... Shy

Thanks, I now totally understand what you mean, and I'll give feedback to my development team.

Messages In This Thread
Delta restore is now available!!!! - by admin - 10-14-2023, 12:24 PM
RE: Delta restore is now available!!!! - by admin - 10-15-2023, 12:46 AM
RE: Delta restore is now available!!!! - by admin - 10-15-2023, 07:02 PM
RE: Delta restore is now available!!!! - by admin - 10-19-2023, 07:36 PM
RE: Delta restore is now available!!!! - by admin - 10-19-2023, 10:00 AM
RE: Delta restore is now available!!!! - by admin - 10-19-2023, 01:30 PM
RE: Delta restore is now available!!!! - by admin - 10-20-2023, 04:55 PM
RE: Delta restore is now available!!!! - by admin - 10-23-2023, 02:55 PM