Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some issues and ideas: Time, Post Command, User Message, Services
Hello,

1. Time: In the main windows, it says 07:45:34 instead of 19:45:34

2. Post Command:

I added some (amateurish) vbs/bat stuff that was supposed to show a message with nircmd after end of backup. For some reason the backup never ended and was stuff at 99%. I think you should have a timeout to prevent this situation. I had to force close the application. 
Moreover, after force closing Hasleo, the service was also still stuck and when rebooting it would prevent a reboot (had to force reboot the computer!).

3. Perhaps it would be nice to have the option to show a custom user note at end of backup if it is successful "Backup successful." AND usernote: "Please xyz". For example "please remove backup drive from computer for sercurity reasons" -- just an idea.

4. I have another VSS using application. This application uses a service to trigger the backups. The service can be paused / started. It is important to pause/stop the service BEFORE hasleo backup, and to START the service again AFTER hasleo backup because it does vss backup every 15 minutes. changing the service status also requires admin rights. I was not able (as a amateur user) to do this with the pre/post command even though this seems to me like an important thing to be able to do. Perhaps you want to make it easier for users to start/stop services?

Messages In This Thread
Some issues and ideas: Time, Post Command, User Message, Services - by m.e. - 12-16-2023, 05:22 AM