Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certified IronKey W300 USB + WinToUSB + Windows 8/10 + Bitlocker for OS Drive works?
Hi,

I'm really hoping somebody can help me before I spend the money on a Certified Windows To Go USB Stick - The IronKey Workspace W300.

I need to be able to create a WindowsToGo stick on this drive, which is certified for WindowsToGo, however I want to use Windows 8/10 Home or Pro rather than Enterprise.

A requirement is that the OS drive can be encrypted using BitLocker.

I successfully got WindowsToGo to work with Windows 8.1 Pro on a non-certified USB Stick using the VHD/VHDX method, however you can't encrypt the OS Drive when it's a VHD/VHDX, it's just not possible. So unfortunately that is not an option.

I am wondering if it's possible to do this with a certified USB Stick? When I use WinToUSB on a regular flash drive it blanks out the Legacy option and forces me to use a VHD option.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

P.S I am using the free version of WinToUSB at the moment. Looking to buy the flash drive very soon but don't want to blow £100 if it's not going to work as needed.

Messages In This Thread
Certified IronKey W300 USB + WinToUSB + Windows 8/10 + Bitlocker for OS Drive works? - by digiuser - 11-27-2015, 06:53 AM