Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a blank laptop SATA hard disk to Windows to Go as external drive?
The situation is:

>I have a UEFI tablet (Dell Venue 11 Pro) with no hard drive installed.
>I have created Windows To Go drive on "Sandisk Cruzer 16GB USB Flash" through Win-To-USB and its working fine on same system.
>I have created Windows To Go drive on "WD Passport 1TB HDD" through Win-To-USB and its also working fine on same system.

With above 2 drives, tablet boot and run Windows 10 from USB connection automatically and smoothly. But I need both drives for some other work. I have another spare Laptop Internal SATA 160GB HDD and I have converted it to external drive by using Orico USB 3.0 hard drive enclosure. When I created Windows To Go on this SATA, its not working on same tablet and said no bootable drive detected.

In my thinking, the hard drive I am using is not "external" hard drive. Its laptop internal SATA drive with USB enclosure. So you can say its external but technically is not actually external drive. The system is reading the actual thing and its need some extra file to get it worked.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make a blank laptop SATA hard disk to Windows to Go as external drive? - by kkjkkj1 - 03-09-2019, 06:10 PM