Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error on last step, could use some help!
Error message: Disk type cannot be identified (0x0001003800950000)

Version trying to install: Windows 8.1 ( single language ) x64

Device to install to: HGST 1TB HDD ( using a usb to sata adapter )

Followed the guide perfectly and when I got to the section about selecting partitions I started running into issues. First there was no option to select for ESP . Googled how to make an efi and then made a 100mb fat32 partition solving that issue. Then when I selected the boot partition and tried to hit next I got another message saying windows or a file with that name existed already so I needed to hit check format box. Checked format box and now I'm running into the above message and I don't see what's wrong or how to fix it. I read someone else had a similar error message but with a different code. I checked and the HDD IS GPT scheme.

IF you require more info please let me know. THANKS!
(11-17-2017, 05:18 PM)tallgeese3 Wrote: Error message: Disk type cannot be identified (0x0001003800950000)

Version trying to install: Windows 8.1 ( single language ) x64

Device to install to: HGST 1TB HDD ( using a usb to sata adapter )

Followed the guide perfectly and when I got to the section about selecting partitions I started running into issues. First there was no option to select for ESP . Googled how to make an efi and then made a 100mb fat32 partition solving that issue. Then when I selected the boot partition and tried to hit next I got another message saying windows or a file with that name existed already so I needed to hit check format box. Checked format box and now I'm running into the above message and I don't see what's wrong or how to fix it. I read someone else had a similar error message but with a different code. I checked and the HDD IS GPT scheme.

IF you require more info please let me know. THANKS!

It looks like your compuer is a traditional BIOS computer, the BIOS computer cannot boot from a GPT disk, so WinToHDD does not allow Windows to be installed onto a GPT disk on a BIOS based computer.