Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
API error (0x0571001501210000)
Hi all,

I am trying to make a live windows iso file from 2018 13"MBP on a samsung X5 (1TB).

I understand to use a thunderbolt drive you need to purchase the professional license however when I run the formatting I recieved the following error message (API error (0x0571001501210000)) I couldnt find documentation for the installer that pointed to this error. I understand an external library is used for the boot driver is it possible the call to the API is in error. Any help would be appreciated.

I used disk utility to format the drive on a parralels desktop.

Thanks all.
(05-13-2020, 05:02 AM)AOS55 Wrote: Hi all,

I am trying to make a live windows iso file from 2018 13"MBP on a samsung X5 (1TB).

I understand to use a thunderbolt drive you need to purchase the professional license however when I run the formatting I recieved the following error message (API error (0x0571001501210000)) I couldnt find documentation for the installer that pointed to this error. I understand an external library is used for the boot driver is it possible the call to the API is in error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

We have analyzed the error code, Windows returned the error code 0x571 (The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.) when WinToUSB tried to format the disk, this usually means that there are problems with the drive. Please check to see if Windows can recognize this drive normally, especially the size of the disk.
(05-13-2020, 12:13 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks all.

We have analyzed the error code, Windows returned the error code 0x571 (The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.) when WinToUSB tried to format the disk, this usually means that there are problems with the drive. Please check to see if Windows can recognize this drive normally, especially the size of the disk.

Hi there thanks for your help, windows does seem to be able to recognize the disk normally I have formatted it as exFAT the minimum cluster size is 4k for this driive Im not sure if that effects it. Is there any particular forrmatting WintoUSB expects?
(05-13-2020, 07:17 PM)AOS55 Wrote:

Thanks all.

Hi there thanks for your help, windows does seem to be able to recognize the disk normally I have formatted it as exFAT the minimum cluster size is 4k for this driive Im not sure if that effects it. Is there any particular forrmatting WintoUSB expects?

Please go to Windows Disk Management to see if the capacity of the disk is recognized correctly. As far as we know, Parallels seems to have problems with 4K sector size disk support, and the sector size of Samsung X5 is exactly 4K, which is the cause of the problem.
(05-13-2020, 10:18 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks all.

Please go to Windows Disk Management to see if the capacity of the disk is recognized correctly. As far as we know, Parallels seems to have problems with 4K sector size disk support, and the sector size of Samsung X5 is exactly 4K, which is the cause of the problem.

Ok sure it does say it has the 1Tb of storage but I have noticed some problems today when viewing it on my computer and directly editing it via the file browser reverting to diskpart. I might try installing a bootcamp partition on my mac and seeing how that works. ill let you know. 
(05-13-2020, 10:23 PM)AOS55 Wrote:

Thanks all.

Ok sure it does say it has the 1Tb of storage but I have noticed some problems today when viewing it on my computer and directly editing it via the file browser reverting to diskpart. I might try installing a bootcamp partition on my mac and seeing how that works. ill let you know. 

Do you have a USB drive that can be used to create portable Windows? You can install Windows to the USB drive, use this USB drive to start your Mac computer, and then run WinToUSB to install Windows to the Samsung X5 Thunderbolt drive.

Thanks all.

Hi Thanks I used bootcamp in the end and it seems to be recognizing the drive much better now. Unfortunately now the license key I purchased does not work as I entered it twice on the VM I attempted would it be possible to cancel and refresh the key or do I need to contact the company for that.

Thanks
(05-13-2020, 11:49 PM)AOS55 Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 12:13 PM)admin Wrote: We have analyzed the error code, Windows returned the error code 0x571 (The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.) when WinToUSB tried to format the disk, this usually means that there are problems with the drive. Please check to see if Windows can recognize this drive normally, especially the size of the disk.

Hi Thanks I used bootcamp in the end and it seems to be recognizing the drive much better now. Unfortunately now the license key I purchased does not work as I entered it twice on the VM I attempted would it be possible to cancel and refresh the key or do I need to contact the company for that.

Thanks

We have reset the key for you, and now you should be able to activate it on Boot Camp Windows.
(05-14-2020, 12:38 AM)admin Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 10:18 PM)admin Wrote: Please go to Windows Disk Management to see if the capacity of the disk is recognized correctly. As far as we know, Parallels seems to have problems with 4K sector size disk support, and the sector size of Samsung X5 is exactly 4K, which is the cause of the problem.

Thanks

We have reset the key for you, and now you should be able to activate it on Boot Camp Windows.
Hi thanks very much it all works well now and I have windows running from the external drive. Thanks very much for your help and speedy assistance.
(05-14-2020, 10:26 PM)AOS55 Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 12:38 AM)admin Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 10:18 PM)admin Wrote: Please go to Windows Disk Management to see if the capacity of the disk is recognized correctly. As far as we know, Parallels seems to have problems with 4K sector size disk support, and the sector size of Samsung X5 is exactly 4K, which is the cause of the problem.

Thanks

Hi thanks very much it all works well now and I have windows running from the external drive. Thanks very much for your help and speedy assistance.

I'm glad to help you and thank you for your support of our product. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. Take care and stay healthy!