Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck part way through
I have a VM with a disk I cannot get to shrink because of unmovable files, I created a new smaller disk and tried to use disk clone "system clone" to clone everything to the new smaller disk  as a workaround.
It got to around 40% pretty quick and then stopped working, I left it overnight with no progress.
[Image: Screen-Connect-Windows-Client-CPg-OEl5-RSX.png]

Attached Files
.zip   disk-clone-log-20230131201044.zip (Size: 7.4 KB / Downloads: 3)
(02-02-2023, 01:31 AM)rae_it Wrote: I have a VM with a disk I cannot get to shrink because of unmovable files, I created a new smaller disk and tried to use disk clone "system clone" to clone everything to the new smaller disk  as a workaround.
It got to around 40% pretty quick and then stopped working, I left it overnight with no progress.

Please check to see if the DiskCloneExecutor.exe still exists in Windows Task Manager?
(02-02-2023, 08:21 PM)admin Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 01:31 AM)rae_it Wrote: I have a VM with a disk I cannot get to shrink because of unmovable files, I created a new smaller disk and tried to use disk clone "system clone" to clone everything to the new smaller disk  as a workaround.

Please check to see if the DiskCloneExecutor.exe still exists in Windows Task Manager?

I had to shut down the machine for an unrelated hardware change so unfortunately I don't know.
I'm trying again now to see what it does and will post an update soon.
*Update*
The Process closed and its not there anymore.
No error in event log.
(02-03-2023, 02:58 AM)rae_it Wrote:

I had to shut down the machine for an unrelated hardware change so unfortunately I don't know.
*Update*
No error in event log.

Please check whether there is Crash_x_xxxx_xx_xx_xx_xx_xx.dmp file in the bin folder under the installation directory of Hasleo Disk Clone (Usually C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Disk Clone\bin), please send this file to us, and we will resolve it as soon as possible.
(02-03-2023, 12:45 PM)admin Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 02:58 AM)rae_it Wrote:

*Update*
No error in event log.

Please check whether there is Crash_x_xxxx_xx_xx_xx_xx_xx.dmp file in the bin folder under the installation directory of Hasleo Disk Clone (Usually C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Disk Clone\bin), please send this file to us, and we will resolve it as soon as possible.

Cant attach the files but here is a link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmigIt5O3XxtoVnU6nEI...3?e=djWD0r