Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error - Cloning Win7 Pro, 32 bit to WD MyPassport Drive
WinUSB Support,

I am using the WinToUSB (2.0, January 2015 Build) version that supports cloning a hard drive to an external USB drive.

Here is my configuration
External USB Drive; WD MyPassport Ultra 0830. Formatted NTFS
Source Computer;
• DELL Latitude E5540
• Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit

During the setup phase of WinToUSB I select the following options;
• Hard Drive; it displays the correct operating system and hard drive characteristics
• Destination Drive; Disk1: WD MyPassport 0830

After the application re-boots and executes the WinToUSB program it issues a dialog (Cloning,…please wait…)
However, I immediately get an error message; Specified disk not found. (0x0005003501220000)

NOTE:  if the USB drive does not have a volume on it; I get an error in the configuration setup (above). Setting a volume on the external drive gets me past that.

I was able to successfully clone a hard drive to the same model of USB drive on a DELL Latitude 6420.

When it mentions “specified” drive; is that the source or the destination drive?

Any ideas on what might be going on?  

Thanks,

Rich
(04-10-2015, 02:50 AM)rfronek Wrote: WinUSB Support,

I am using the WinToUSB (2.0, January 2015 Build) version that supports cloning a hard drive to an external USB drive.

Here is my configuration
External USB Drive; WD MyPassport Ultra 0830. Formatted NTFS
Source Computer;
• DELL Latitude E5540
• Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit

During the setup phase of WinToUSB I select the following options;
• Hard Drive; it displays the correct operating system and hard drive characteristics
• Destination Drive; Disk1: WD MyPassport 0830

After the application re-boots and executes the WinToUSB program it issues a dialog (Cloning,…please wait…)
However, I immediately get an error message; Specified disk not found. (0x0005003501220000)

NOTE:  if the USB drive does not have a volume on it; I get an error in the configuration setup (above). Setting a volume on the external drive gets me past that.

I was able to successfully clone a hard drive to the same model of USB drive on a DELL Latitude 6420.

When it mentions “specified” drive; is that the source or the destination drive?

Any ideas on what might be going on?  

Thanks,

Rich

Please visit this: http://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=102
I was able to solve the problem based on de-activating the "Enable USB 3.0 Controller" in the BIOS. Now works great. Thanks for the great tip provided by David in the following thread.

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response!

Rich

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
davidinfodom Offline

02-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Well, I finally made all my tests, and it appeared the root cause was the USB 3.0 host controller.

Indeed whenever the external usb drive was connected to a USB port 2.0 or 3.0, it wasn't seen in the WINPE environment, till the USB 3.0 host controller was activated in the BIOS.
As soon as it was deactivated, then the cloning process worked like a charm, on both USB 2.0 & 3.0 ports.

N.B: deactivating the USB 3.0 host controller, force the USB 3.0 ports to work as USB 2.0 ports.

Anyway, thanks to Admin help, I've been able to figure out what was going wrong and thus how to fix it.

So thanks again for your help, and I hope my experience will help other persons.

Cheers,
David