Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Scheduling
Greetings, team!  While testing your scheduling features, I chose DAILY and set the interval to start at 9am and end at 8pm... I expected 12 images to be generated on the hour but only got 11.  Turns out the finish time of the interval needed to be set to at least 8:01pm for the 12th image to be generated at 8pm... I don't think that should be the case.  If the ending time is at least the same time or earlier then the scheduled task, it should run successfully (just a l'il math anomaly Angel )
(12-06-2022, 05:07 AM)Froggie Wrote: Greetings, team!  While testing your scheduling features, I chose DAILY and set the interval to start at 9am and end at 8pm... I expected 12 images to be generated on the hour but only got 11.  Turns out the finish time of the interval needed to be set to at least 8:01pm for the 12th image to be generated at 8pm... I don't think that should be the case.  If the ending time is at least the same time or earlier then the scheduled task, it should run successfully (just a l'il math anomaly Angel )

This issue is a bit controversial, with developers arguing that 8pm is the end time and it doesn't seem like a backup should be performed. And from 9am to 8pm is exactly 11 hours, 1 backup version per hour, it seems that generating 11 backup versions is also reasonable, we will compare the way competitors deal with it. Thanks.
(12-06-2022, 01:41 PM)admin Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 05:07 AM)Froggie Wrote: Greetings, team!  While testing your scheduling features, I chose DAILY and set the interval to start at 9am and end at 8pm... I expected 12 images to be generated on the hour but only got 11.  Turns out the finish time of the interval needed to be set to at least 8:01pm for the 12th image to be generated at 8pm... I don't think that should be the case.  If the ending time is at least the same time or earlier then the scheduled task, it should run successfully (just a l'il math anomaly Angel )

This issue is a bit controversial, with developers arguing that 8pm is the end time and it doesn't seem like a backup should be performed. And from 9am to 8pm is exactly 11 hours, 1 backup version per hour, it seems that generating 11 backup versions is also reasonable, we will compare the way competitors deal with it. Thanks.
I love it when Developers argue Tongue   Anyway, 8pm is a real time... it's not 7:59.  If a time period extends to anytime, that time is real and included in that time extension.  As a result, an operation scheduled for the last minute of a time period should be totally valid, otherwise the time, 8pm, wouldn't be in the period but would be in the definition.

I think you'll find that it's included in most schedulers.  You might have them start with the MicroSloth Windows Scheduler (not saying that they're right either)... after all, this is a MicroSloth Windows Application, is it not Shy ... why make your scheduler different?

Thanx for your consideration... and give those Devs more coffee Big Grin
(12-06-2022, 11:43 PM)Froggie Wrote:

I love it when Developers argue Tongue   Anyway, 8pm is a real time... it's not 7:59.  If a time period extends to anytime, that time is real and included in that time extension.  As a result, an operation scheduled for the last minute of a time period should be totally valid, otherwise the time, 8pm, wouldn't be in the period but would be in the definition.

I think you'll find that it's included in most schedulers.  You might have them start with the MicroSloth Windows Scheduler (not saying that they're right either)... after all, this is a MicroSloth Windows Application, is it not Shy ... why make your scheduler different?

In any case, we will refer to the implementation of other tools. Thanks.
(12-07-2022, 11:38 AM)admin Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 11:43 PM)Froggie Wrote:

In any case, we will refer to the implementation of other tools. Thanks.

Please download and try the fixed version below:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...221208.exe
Looks like it will work.  Set up an HOURLY schedule at START TIME to end 1-hr later at END TIME.  In the past, it would image at START TIME then set next image to be next day at START TIME, it now sets next image to the END TIME.  Will wait to be sure to see the ending image.

An anomaly though... in the past, HBS always fired up a notification at both the beginning and end of a scheduled image.  When I started this test I received no notification for image start but did receive one for image end.  I'll see what happens to the image at the end of the 1-hr period... maybe a System anomaly of some sort, I'll letcha know.

Many thanks for your effort with this scheduling item! Cool
The 1-hr period, 2-image operation worked as expected with the 3rd image scheduled for tomorrow... great job on the patch!  Will the patch remain in the normal release channel or will it go back to what it was?

Indeed the scheduled START notification anomaly was exactly that... an anomaly of some sort, it worked as expected on the next scheduled imaging operation.  Sorry for the concern... and thanks again!!
(12-09-2022, 01:48 AM)Froggie Wrote: The 1-hr period, 2-image operation worked as expected with the 3rd image scheduled for tomorrow... great job on the patch!  Will the patch remain in the normal release channel or will it go back to what it was?

Indeed the scheduled START notification anomaly was exactly that... an anomaly of some sort, it worked as expected on the next scheduled imaging operation.  Sorry for the concern... and thanks again!!

If the fix works well, it will remain in the normal release, thanks.