Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency disk created with Hasleo Backup Suite does not work in VMware
Hello guys,

I used Hasleo Backup Suite within a VMware Windows 2019 virtual machine and created an Emergency Disk ISO-file, which I uploaded to a VMware VMFS datastore and tried to boot from that ISO but without luck.

In the second round I added the disk driver lsi_sas.inf (lsi_sas.sys) and network driver vmxnet3.inf (vmxnet3.sys) to the Emergency Disk ISO-file but the result was the same.

If you boot from that Emergency Disk ISO-image you get a Windows logo and that's it. Waited several minutes but it did not progress further.

Have you ever checked, if your Emergency DISK ISO-file works with Hypervisor, like VMware or Hyper-V ?

Would be fine, if that could be fixed in the next release!

Thanks and best regards,
Marcy
(02-10-2023, 10:02 PM)Marcy Wrote: Hello guys,

I used Hasleo Backup Suite within a VMware Windows 2019 virtual machine and created an Emergency Disk ISO-file, which I uploaded to a VMware VMFS datastore and tried to boot from that ISO but without luck.

In the second round I added the disk driver lsi_sas.inf (lsi_sas.sys) and network driver vmxnet3.inf (vmxnet3.sys) to the Emergency Disk ISO-file but the result was the same.

If you boot from that Emergency Disk ISO-image you get a Windows logo and that's it. Waited several minutes but it did not progress further.

Have you ever checked, if your Emergency DISK ISO-file works with Hypervisor, like VMware or Hyper-V ?

Thanks and best regards,
Marcy

We installed Hasleo Backup Suite on a VMware Windows 2019 virtual machine and used it to create an ISO, and the test result was that the ISO file was able to boot the VMware Windows 2019 virtual machine normally. Windows Hyper-V has not yet been tested.
(02-13-2023, 04:27 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks and best regards,
Marcy

We installed Hasleo Backup Suite on a VMware Windows 2019 virtual machine and used it to create an ISO, and the test result was that the ISO file was able to boot the VMware Windows 2019 virtual machine normally. Windows Hyper-V has not yet been tested.

It works in Hyper-V.

Thanks and best regards,
Marcy

Hello, thanks for your feedback and test. Actually I used the created ISO to boot from a Windows 2003 VM. Maybe that's the culprit? I will make some further tests in VMware, as well as in Hyper-V and will post the results here again later.

Did you boot the ISO from a VM that uses BIOS or UEFI?

Regards,
Marcy
(02-14-2023, 04:57 AM)Marcy Wrote:

Thanks and best regards,
Marcy

Hello, thanks for your feedback and test. Actually I used the created ISO to boot from a Windows 2003 VM. Maybe that's the culprit? I will make some further tests in VMware, as well as in Hyper-V and will post the results here again later.

Did you boot the ISO from a VM that uses BIOS or UEFI?

Regards,
Marcy

VMware Workstation, tested BIOS and UEFI.