Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different options / documentation?
Hello everyone!

I am wondering about the different backup options or some general differences and look for a proper understanding of backup strategies. I can't find any proper documentation other than the online user guides, but they're very practical or hands on and don't give any further information.

So:
How does a system backup differ from a hard disk backup? On a conservative 1 disk/partition system, a system backup isn't smaller than a disc backup, so what's the difference?

I imagine that the different clones provide files as they are on the disk/partition, while the backup options create hasleo image files that need to be handled by hasleo.

How do you backup your computer containing personal data and some software licenses: Do you regularly create system backups? Backup the whole disk? Or just a system backup once and then file backups?

Thanks everyone
Chris
Sorry for the late reply.

How does a system backup differ from a hard disk backup? On a conservative 1 disk/partition system, a system backup isn't smaller than a disc backup, so what's the difference?
The system backup feature only backs up Windows boot-related partitions (such as the system, boot, and recovery partitions), while disk backup backs up all partitions on the specified disk. If all partitions on a disk are Windows boot-dependent partitions, the image generated by the system backup will not be much smaller than the image generated by the disk backup.

I imagine that the different clones provide files as they are on the disk/partition, while the backup options create hasleo image files that need to be handled by hasleo.
Yes, you're right.

How do you backup your computer containing personal data and some software licenses: Do you regularly create system backups? Backup the whole disk? Or just a system backup once and then file backups?
Everyone has different habits, but getting into the habit of backing up can help us reduce the risk of data loss.