Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup on NAS
Crashes Windows, does not execute pre command batch net use, and post command detach
In order to be able to quickly reproduce and fix the problem, can you describe the problem in detail? Thanks.
(02-23-2023, 06:37 PM)admin Wrote: In order to be able to quickly reproduce and fix the problem, can you describe the problem in detail? Thanks.

Windows 11 freezes when backup on NAS(Linux SMB), that is the problem, and does not execute batch file to connect netdrive, ot disconnect.
(02-23-2023, 07:01 PM)matrix Wrote:
(02-23-2023, 06:37 PM)admin Wrote: In order to be able to quickly reproduce and fix the problem, can you describe the problem in detail? Thanks.

Windows 11 freezes when backup on NAS(Linux SMB), that is the problem, and does not execute batch file to connect netdrive, ot disconnect.

Could you please provide us with the batch file you used? We need it to do some testing.
It is normal batch file connect.bat with

@echo off
net use Z: \\192.168.X.XXX\backup\ username password
exit
Than i have after job done:

@echo off
net use Z: /delete
exit
the first is exactly:
@echo off
net use Z: \\192.168.x.x\backup /user:username password
exit
I tried something:
i connect the network drive with my batch, than i make a backup job, chosse Z:, your software asks about credentials, and than path for backup is \\192..168 ...,

i reboot and it makes backups, without asking username and pass, but why he doesn't ask before, if NAS or Local disk?
(02-24-2023, 01:43 AM)matrix Wrote: I tried something:
i connect the network drive with my batch, than i make a backup job, chosse Z:, your software asks about credentials, and than path for backup is \\192..168 ...,

i reboot and it makes backups, without asking username and pass, but why he doesn't ask before, if NAS or Local disk?

Hasleo Backup Suite saves used access credentials in the database, so it will only ask once.
(02-27-2023, 11:29 PM)admin Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 01:43 AM)matrix Wrote: I tried something:

Hasleo Backup Suite saves used access credentials in the database, so it will only ask once.
But you can't choose SMB path, you must first connect as network drive.